“Quirky and peculiar with a homely, traditional feel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Olive

Cafe Olive
Ranked #13 of 66 Restaurants in Wahiawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Melbourne, Australia
“Quirky and peculiar with a homely, traditional feel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

My wife and I are from overseas. After a big day of shopping at Waikele we were recommended an Italian restaurant in the area. Albeit we couldn't find that restaurant and made our way to the next town of Wahiawa eager for a good Italian meal.

We were pleased to find a traditional style Italian restaurant in the heart of Wahiawa.

The decor is a little unusual, lots of knick-knacks, trinkets etc and the lights fairly dim but that's not an issue at all. The young waitress was extremely friendly and courteous which I think is one of the strengths of the Hawaiian people.

I chose the Meatball fettucine and my wife had the eggplant parmigiana.

My fettucine was delicious, exactly what I wanted. A big serve with lots of meatballs. I also wanted a Coke but only Pepsi available but I'm being pedantic.

My wife thought the Eggplant parmigiana was Ok but not outstanding. She thought the bread crumbs tasted a little like fish which suggested that maybe the same pan had been used. I eagerly finished her meal and thought it was quite tasty.

We didn't stay around long enough to listen to the solo guitarist and perhaps vocalist?

My thoughts are this is a good restaurant that could be even better. What Cafe Olive doesn't want to do though is compromise it's homely, localised feel as this is one of it's biggest strengths.

• Visited March 2011

Mililani, Hawaii
“a hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

We've dined at the Cafe Olive about 6 times since we discovered it in November 1010. It's a hidden gem in Wahiawa; intimate atmosphere, attentive service, a guitarist most evenings playing everything from Spanish to popular music, and excellent food. The fact that you can bring your own bottle of wine (no corkage fee) adds to the value of the modestly priced meals. Don't miss it if you are in the area.

• Visited February 2011
Waipahu, HI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An oasis in Wahiawa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

In addition to being the best restaurant in Wahiawa, Cafe Olive delivers some of the best bang for the buck on Oahu. If you're staying in the middle of the island, there's no need to drive to the oft-overpriced Honolulu scene. The food here is Italian-based, but with an intriguing Asian influence; the atmosphere is like stepping into another world. As of 2008 there was no wine list, so the restaurant encourages patrons to bring their own bottles with no corkage fee. My wife and had a wonderful experience.

1 Thank LoveGoodFood12