“Worth the stop!”

Oahu Coach Tour Including Dole Plantation and Waimea Falls
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Wahiawa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pineapple plantation which offers the largest maze in the world for children to enjoy.
Philadelphia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Worth the stop!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The Dole Plantation is worth the stop...notwithstanding the negative reviews, and our hotel concierge doing everything he could to dissuade us from going, we decided to make a quick stop on our drive to the North Shore. The Dole Whip wad yummy, and the pineapple garden was really interesting. We don't have kids so we didn't take advantage of the maze and other attractions, but we definitely enjoyed the stop!

• Arabic first
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Maze - just ok”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

we decided to do the maze at Dole because our kids had heard about it and just wouldnt let it go. My expectations were low and I was glad of that. First let me recommend NOT to come here on a hot day or at the height of noon!!! we were there at 3pm and the sun was lower in the sky. It was still freaking hot and I kept thinking I would be an awfully cranky parent trying to get out of the darned maze if it was any hotter! My husband and one daughter were done in 29 mins. Took myself and my pther daughter an hpur and ten minutes. It can get a bit frustrating at times. Overall the kids liked it bit for my hisband and I it was just ok. Glad I didnt spend the money on the rest of the park, it did look like a tourist trap.

Visited October 2013
Haleiwa, Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Dole Plantation is a Tourist magnet...”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It's a shame Wahiawa has to be known for the Dole Plantation. The town is so much more interesting. The Plantation's best feature is its parking...lots of it. It has little to offer other than shopping for "stuff' that will end up in vacationers next yard sale back home. The actual pineapple processing is way more educational, even though pineapples are giving acreage up to coffee.

Visited June 2013
Tucson Arizona
258 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3,147 helpful votes
“Liked the gift shop, but prices were high”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is the only so called "tourist trap" place we really enjoyed on our Polynesian Adventure Tour. We were only given 45 minutes, so spent the entire time shopping or eating fresh (so delicious) pineapple whip ice cream on the veranda of the building.

Did want to get some souvenirs for family members and friends, but this was not really the place. I saw some lovely hand made loofah soaps elsewhere, but did not have time to purchase them. They cost $5.00 apiece at the Kualoa Ranch (another stop on our tour). At the Dole Plantation Gift Store, they cost $7.00 each. The exact same ones ! Of course, I did not buy them. Did get several fun things for small children. All in all, the prices here were much higher than anyplace else. (Like those wonderful ABC Stores!)

However, the gift store is very clean, well lit, tidy and well stocked. Lots of things to look at, and lots of clerks to help you.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank NYU62
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Weekend Visit for Family Train Ride”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Dole Plantation is always a nice place to visit. They have an extensive selection of pineapple themed merchandise, including candies, foods, drinks, their infamous "Dole Whip" frozen treat, and the list goes on (and on).

We visited the Plantation to ride their train. It takes you on a tour through history via a pre-recorded audio, that plays while you're on the train. It was cool to see the secluded areas on their property as well as learn some neat tid bits about Hawai'i.

We skipped the garden tour and the maze, but both of them looked like fun!

Visited August 2013