“Worth a stop on the way to North Shore”
Review of Dole Plantation

Dole Plantation
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Wahiawa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dole Plantation, located on the North Shore of Oahu, provides enjoyable activities for the entire family, including the Pineapple Express Train Tour, the Plantation Garden Tour, and the Pineapple Garden Maze. Also popular are the informational displays and presentations, as well as the plantation country store offering a wide variety of Dole Plantation gifts, local favorites, foods and refreshments including DoleWhip®. Fresh pineapple is also available for purchase.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Let me start by saying that I love ice cream and I love pineapple. I have never put the two together until my visit here; pineapple softserve with pineapple on top. Fabulous. I found the gift shop to be a nice, cool browse. I did find a t-shirt and a great buy on a light jacket, but as others have said,there is a lot of 'stuff' I could do without.

We actually stopped mainly to see the rainbow trees which were very cool.

I am very glad we stopped, but I probably won't be back unless its with someone who has never been before.

1  Thank bin2oz
Write a ReviewReviews (5,247)
All reviews
in 551 reviews
"demonstration"
in 117 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is the typical tourist trap. We were recommended to go for the Ice Cream treat....it was divine. But, it is really just a kitschy little stop on your way to the North Shore beaches of Oahu. Don't get trapped into being A-mazed by the maze.....not worth it. Items in shoppe are way over the top in grade A kitsch....and, price. But, that's what it's all about -- so, embrace it.
We had our own "show"....two little kids living it up at the koi pond....visiting-resident experts. They were hilarious! Of course, they've moved on by now ---
Train ride is definitely a crowd pleaser for the young set. Our teens would not have been able to fit!
Go for the sheer pineapple-y goodness and utterly unnecessary and overpriced plastic objects.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Good place to stop in for Pineapple heaven. We were on our way to the North Shore and grabbed some ice cream, which melts very fast, but was tasty. The store kept us busy sampling foods, looking at trinkets, and taking some pictures. We decided to pass on any of the tours and mazes cuz we had a busy day ahead of us, and we were fine with that. We may take the time on our next visit, but the latest reviews convinced us not to lose a day here.

1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Plantation had garden tour, train tour and pineapple maze. We did the latter two and had a good time. Lots of stuff to buy, but if you're just looking for trinkets, save your $ and go to ABC mart or the stadium swap meet. Pineapple ice cream was good, but be ready for the long line at the deli.

1  Thank CL5309
See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here this morning with my 7 and 9 year olds. They were very excited to do the maze, and we all enjoyed it and completed it in 37 mins. It was excellant but very hot work, so next stop was a Dole Float. Very refreshing pineapple ice cream with pineapple juice. Didn't go on the train as we didn't want to spend too much time here and had read bad reviews about it. Didn't do the garden tour as there were pineapples growing around the place and informative information boards. We arrived around 10:30 am and when we were leaving about an hour later it was getting very busy. Go early to avoid crowds.