Nui- Living Room w/60in TV Hale Koa
Iki- Guest Bedroom w/Queen Bed
Iki- Guest Bedroom
Iki- Bathroom
Iki
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Sarah J
Seattle, Washington
“nice house, good wedding location”
Reviewed March 6, 2017 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I had previously posted an approved review and then found that the owner perhaps had removed the listing and created a new listing for the same property. Likely because I cannot give this a five star rating.

It is a really nice house and they provide everything you need for a nice stay. However my feedback was still constructive and should be shared. The photos show an immaculate property with green lawns and from afar, everything looks brand new. Up close, the furniture has been sitting out, likely for a couple of years, which is normal for patio and lawn furniture and it is showing it's age and wear. I do not think this is horrible and it does not make for an uncomfortable stay, I am simply noting it as I would with a hotel if I stayed in one. Updates could make a huge difference.

I did not take photos of the property because it was not reserved under my name and I did not anticipate writing a review. However by the end of my stay I thought it was necessary. We stayed for three nights in this home and never got a good nights sleep because we could not get the AC to work correctly in the upstairs bedroom. There are signs posted that we should rely on the tradewinds which are amazing and should be enough to cool the home, however even with all windows and the bedroom door open, we could not cool that upstairs bedroom down nor could we get the AC to do a proper job.

We also were frustrated that there was construction going on the wall along the property the entire time we stayed. This was INCREDIBLY frustrating as they were there the entire day and even into the late afternoon and early evening. If we had wanted to use the backyard during the day, we would have to be fine with construction workers being a part of our day. I also found this annoying when I went to take a shower upstairs and could see straight out to the men working on the wall. I found this unacceptable and felt there should have been a discount applied to the stay because it was intrusive for a vacation in Hawaii to have construction on the property that close while we were making use of it.

The property has direct access to the beach but it is not the picturesque swimming beach you might anticipate in Hawaii. It is untouched and very beautiful, but if you're looking for a "vibe" of people laying on the beach, you will not find it around this property, so that is just something to consider.

It is a very very nice house, with tons of space and a lot to offer. I think some updates and a really deep clean, especially around the grounds would really make people feel more comfortable. However, if I was looking for a Hawaii vacation home, I think I would look for something that has more access and more tourist vibe. This is something I was unaware of about the North Shore in general. The only place on the North Shore where there's really any sort of tourist vibe is Turtle Bay. Other than that, such as this property, you will feel very secluded. This is my personal preference for vacationing.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing