“A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Laie Chop Suey

Laie Chop Suey
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Laie
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I wasn't expecting much from this little Chinese restaurant in the Foodland strip mall near PCC. But it was recommended by one of the Dude's at Surf-N-Sea and we are in a crunch for time going from the North Shore to our hotel in Waikiki.

It turned out to be one of the best meals of the trip. Everything we ordered was a treat. The roast duck was crispy, tasty and devoid of grease. Char Sui Pork was a treat. I think we also had a crispy chicken dish (yummy), Fried Rice (Yummy) and Won-Ton Soup (Yummy). It all came in at less then $40 bucks (I'd probably pay $100 for a similar meal at P.F. Changs and it wouldn't have been as good.

I'd say if you are doing a day trip to the North Shore, this is the place to go.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

This little Chinese restaurant had really good Chinese food. It is located in the Foodland shopping center close to the Polynesian Culture Center.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is a friendly place. Popular with the locals. My food was plentiful and presented well (ie. looks good on the plate), but the flavor was just average. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing? My husband had a similar experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Love this place. I just wish they would serve Dim Sum.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

The food was really good and our host was very polite and friendly. Overall a good dining experience.

Been to Laie Chop Suey? Share your experiences!