“Great food, lots of locals eat here, very small & inexpensive~”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hukilau Cafe

Hukilau Cafe
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Laie
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Polynesian, Hawaiian, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rocklin, California
“Great food, lots of locals eat here, very small & inexpensive~”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I had breakfast here in September 2013; 5 adults and 1 baby. It is off the beaten path by a block or two, so don't be surprised by the location. I ordered the blueberry pancakes, along with a side of eggs and bacon. My pancakes were soooooo yummy; large, fluffy, just the right amount of blueberries! It makes me hungry just to think about them!!! My family ordered the Loco Moco and loved it! The restaurant is tiny, filled with locals, food is served on paper plates with plastic utensils, so all gets thrown away. It is inexpensive and priced well. Food was served quickly and hot. Service is good, although they were definitely busy. I would definitely go back.

2 Thank TravelinGirl

London
“Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We saw this eatery on Man Vs Food and as its very close to one of the north shore beaches we decided to take a chance and go there. It was a great decision...
We had a plate dish and also the famous Hawaiian Moco Loco! Yummy...
The food is quick, very reasonable and the staff are really friendly..

Definitely worth a visit

1 Thank Awanderingmemory
Austin, Texas
“Best Hole in the Wall!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I would like to thank a local fire fighter by the name of Kyle Fujino! He mentioned this place his top pick of places to eat, and recommended the pulled roasted pork. Let me tell you, THE BEST pulled pork my husband and I have ever tasted! I got the BBQ plate with beef and chicken, and that was all good too! The restaurant is located in a neighborhood so make sure you have some navigation to find it! Also it closes at 3pm, make sure to make some lunch dates! Prices are cheap, the staff is friendly, definitely eat here when visiting!

2 Thank Crystal G
Quebec City, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

This little restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch time. We stopped there because of its reputation. The staff is friendly and the service, excellent. The food is not expensive. I chose a burger with rice and macaroni salad. Everything was good, except the macaroni salad which contained too much mayonnaise for me. My boyfriend chose the loco mocco. That was a huge plate, he ate everything. He said to me that was good but too greasy for him, too much butter. In short, that's a good place, but not exceptional.

• Visited August 2013
Cardston, Canada
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is so fun,small but friendly!!!!Really great menu, different things you have never had!!Hukilau Burger was great!! Everything we ate was good ,not expensive!! We even bought T shirts!!!Love wearing them in winter in Canada!! Staff were all laid back,and super fun! If you are on the north shore you have to go you will be glad you did, go early as I think they close early!!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lovely903

Been to Hukilau Cafe? Share your experiences!