“Take this tour!”

KaPili Tours
Ranked #5 of 18 Tours in Kapolei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KaPili is locally grown and owned and offers full day tours that circle the island of Oahu stopping in to share the views and knowledge of the food, land, culture and magical spirit of Oahu. We offer private tours for small groups only so that everyone can have plenty of time to take in beautiful Oahu surroundings. See the real Hawaii from the locals.
Reviewed July 24, 2017

Amazing experience.This was the best tour I ever took - and I've travelled a lot. It was relaxed and not rushed, yet we saw everything we wanted - and even had time for swimming! On no other tour would I have discovered the puakenikeni flower and even found its essential oil. Kale is a great tour guide - you get a real insider perspective on the island, the pace was relaxed the atmosphere comfortable and happy and friendly. Left me happy for days. Can't wait to go back and explore more.

All reviews
"island tour"
in 11 reviews
"amazing tour"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 6 reviews
in 3 reviews
"fried banana"
"dropped off"

Reviewed July 18, 2017

Kale's tour was the highlight our stay in Oahu. He took us throughout the island, including the hidden places frequented by the locals. We got a taste of the real Hawaii and got to see things that you won't find in other, more touristy, excursions. Loved it.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

We had a great tour with KaPili. Our guide KaLe was very knowledgeable, witty, charming, colorful, and considerate. He tailored our tour based on the interests of our group, blending our family's interests with those of the other extended family very well. We went well off the main roads, on shortcuts and scenic sidetrips, stopping at roadside stands and eateries and interesting vistas. He even pulled over once to pick flowers for the ladies!
I am sure that if we had gone to any of the many other places mentioned on the KaPili website that we would have had an equally good time.
KaLe went well beyond the contracted time and effort to get us to the sights and places we wanted. We appreciated his native-centric viewpoint, information, and sentiments. Very fascinating and detailed ... resonated with us well. He even kept the teenagers engaged!
The only regret we have is that we waited so long into our stay before taking the tour. Part of that was circumstantial (no tours available on July 4th; other days already booked up). If we had taken this tour earlier in our stay, we probably would have booked a second tour to other attractions and deeper visits. Mahalo nui!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed July 13, 2017

I love the personal and friendly Aloha experience from this tour. Kale, Kawehi and Kapili are the best. We enjoyed learning so much about the history of the Hawaiians. Both are teachers so it was fascinating to get their interpretations. I loved the food stops especially the ONO shrimp lunch plate. Kale should also be a stand up comedian because he is quite funny! I highly recommend them!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2017

I recommend doing a tour with Kale from KaPili Tours, such a sweet gentle guy! He picked my husband and I up from our hotel and hugged us on arrival. He was extremely friendly and helpful and had lots of fun stories to tell and jokes that he made.
We saw a great number of places around the island and way out of the touristy areas too which was just what we wanted. We got to go for a snorkel/swim at an amazing crystal clear beach and eat fried banana and shrimp by the side of the road. DON'T BUY any of the turquoise jewellery at the macadamia plantation gift shop as it is FAKE and they don't tell you that! Eat as many macadamia nuts as you can, Kale personally showed me how to grab as many in one go as possible lol! Thanks Kale ;) Great tour, half the price, more value for the money you do spend and make sure to tip! Have fun!