“Great food and great setting”
Review of Roy's Restaurant

Roy's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 144 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Another of Roy's fine restaurants! A little pricey but, Everything was good, food, drink, service and ambiance. If you're looking for some fine dining this is ideal! Located on the Ko Olina golf club property.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife really loves Roy's on the mainland so we stopped in for a little birthday dinner.

We were asked if wanted to eat inside ou out. it was a beautiful evening so we decided outside.

Inside the restaurant was very loud. It appears the slate floors do not help the noise. outside we were seated by the outsise bar. The view was spectacular, however the bar noisy on theyvnoght.

We went for the special dinner that includes appetizer sampler plus an entree and dessert. It's s good value for $41 per person.

The appetizers were good Ahi Tuna, Spicy Mongolian Bar B Que rib plus a tasty Chicken Spring Roll. All very good.

For dinner I had the Macadia Nut Crusted Local fish. I prefer Halibut over this local fish...but it was very good. It included of asparagus and new potatoes. All very good.

My wife had the beef short ribs. They were incredibly good, however a little heavy.

For dessert we settled on the warm chocolate cake w ice cream and macadamia nut tart w ice cream both excellent.

Our expectations of a dinner at Roy's are set by the mainland operations. The mainland restaurants we were told are owned by Outback and the Hawaii locations still by Roy. I think the mainland stores offer a more consistent and better experience.

Our server was not very attentive, even though he had a note in his shirt pocket, he could not remember the special occasion.

Customer is King in my book...not quite at this location. This customer just felt like another.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Excellent food and service! Beautifully located in the golf course. They have an array of local fare! Fresh goat cheese from down the road and local fish and meats! My compliments to the chef!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were told by many that this place was a must so we made sure to eat there one night. It's a little hard to find because it's actually on the golf course / club house and the signs don't say this. So we drove around a little and finally asked someone. We sat outside and had a nice view of the golf course and waterfall. I enjoyed that it is a little dressier than other places. I enjoy dressing for dinner. Food was really special. My wife and I both enjoyed our meals, but it was a little on the pricy side even with all the great reviews. They won the best resturant award for 2013. We had a very enjoyable evening and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We are staying nearby Aulani and Rick the shuttle driver said we needed to eat here.. He was not wrong the butterfish was heavenly .. food was fresh and cooked well. We shared a dessert and had a bottle of wine. This evening was expensive $230 for. 2 of us .. it was good. service was very attentive.. Perhaps a little over attentive as we did feel like we were being interrupted some of the time