“our luau tour”

$92.00*
and up
Paradise Cove Luau
More attraction details
Owner description: In the traditions of our ancestors, we pass on to you the knowledge of our rich history including the arts & crafts, games of skill, songs, dances and food.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This luau was awesome the shows ,the food ,games And especially the Mai Tai , I recommend the paradise cove to every body to go.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,184)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Bus ride to/from the event was worst vacation related experience of my life. Uninformed "tour guide" shouted at us for the entire 45 minutes ride. Focus was jokes about alcohol and alcoholics. Main activity at "Luau" was encouraging guests to scream "Aloha." Food had absolutely no flavor. All very sad because the performers were earnest and talented young people capable of providing a wonderful show if given a chance. I felt like a hostage.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a great place to visit if you love knowledge about culture and want to take home some real memories of Hawaii. We upgraded to the deluxe package and wish we had gotten the top package because the seats were right upfront. The experiences for the night show was still great. I loved the fire spear dancer and the fast dancing hula ladies. The food was good, but could have been better. Make sure you get there right at 4:30 PM so that you can experience everything you want and get the best seats upfront.

1  Thank Dwight M
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Never been to Hawaii as it is 17 hours flight from the UK, but my daughter had been practising Hula dancing ever since Lilo and Stitch came out so a Luau was on the list and Paradise Cove picture looked to describe it perfectly! we were charged an eye watering $254 by Expedia in the resort for 3 people, included hotel pick up, this was the basic package, discovered later lots of discount stalls in Waikiki so may have been cheaper elsewhere.

However, doubts began when Paradise Cove liveried coaches turned up at our hotel (but made us wait 40 minutes in the 30 degree C heat before letting us get on them!), was this going to be an authentic Hawaiian / Polynesian experience...? on the way the tour guide told us kids had to be quick if they wanted to go on stage for the Hula as they only take the first 80.... FIRST 80? On arrival we realised this is a very slick commercial mini theme park, parking for 20 odd coaches (and they were all full) and 8 entry lines with mandatory photo with the dancers as you are all processed into the venue. The cove beach itself is very small ~75m x 30m , and you are not allowed to swim (some locals were...), once there you are there for 5.5 hours.

You sit at long tables of about 40 people each, and at a rough count I thought there were ~1000 seats, confirmed later by the compere as we had to applaud those who had just got married (why had they gone to this after their wedding?!) had anniversaries, birthdays, were members of the armed forces etc etc even someone who proposed on stage.... my wife would have left me for pulling a stunt like that! This all made it feel like a bit of a pantomime at times.

Buffet was pretty basic, not a lot too choose from, bread rolls, shredded pork, Teriyaki chicken, fish, lettuce and pasta salad, cakes and chocolate sauce or cream after, but authentic and extensive?

There are a variety of things to queue for, have a parrot on your arm (not allowed to photograph this with your own camera though, so I took a picture of the sign instead!), make a Lei etc, my daughter gave up queuing for one so we didn't do any in the end and gift stalls which were actually not too badly priced, couple of bars too queue at for your complimentary drinks and they do bite sized shows like shower of flowers and pulling the nets in, but again a bit of pantomime with a few guests dressed in straw skirts made to poke fun at each other etc.

The main show is ok, professional dancers and a fire twirler, back to the hotel for 10pm so if you have a big time difference don't book this early in the holiday e.g. from the UK it will will feel like 9am after being up all night.

Highlight of the evening for me was the cove was spectacular (whilst everyone was watching the show) as the sun set and a very rare gray seal came into the cove whilst my daughter and I contemplated breaking the swimming rule and joining the locals!

All in all wish we had saved the cash and gone to one of the (often free) shows in town and a decent restaurant after.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had upgraded tickets so that entitled us to sit in the royal box which gives us a better view of the stage, three free premium drinks, a free photo and our food was served to us rather than standing in the buffet line.
My fiance has been to other Luau's in Hawaii and said that this one was very commercialised and very poor considering others he has been to over the years. This was my first luau and I was greatly disappointed. The entertainment was ok, but nothing to write home about. The food was not enjoyed by any member of our family. The salad was the only food served to us that was passable. The meat, the pork was tasteless, the chicken was dry and the fish tasted as though it was off. The desserts were dried out pieces of various cakes. Nothing was really special.
The photos were disappointing. We had four people in our group, we received two by two of the same photo.
Since arriving home i spoke to one friend about it and he said he went to the same luau and he also said the food was disgusting for the price you pay.
If I was to find one positive experience out of the whole expensive luau,it was the fire twirler.
I will not be recommending this to my friends, I will be telling them to go any other luau.

2  Thank tambryant