“Made to Order Italian Food”
Review of Le Nonne Hawaii - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Le Nonne Hawaii
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

In general Italian food in Hawaii is horrible. We tried Le Nonne to try to break the spree and weren't disappointed. This is a family run place with a personal touch. We were seated (group of 7) and saw that the restaurant was full with another large party. I was worried about the possible wait but they were right on top of it. Our waitress (I think the owner's/chef's wife) told us the specials and tool our orders.
I ws a little worried when the bread came out and was just OK. The Olive Tamponade was more of a pesto and heavily garliced.I a not a garlic fan but for those who are I'm sure it is good.
My kids are easy. They get Spaghetti Bolognese around the world. They are quite critical even in Italy. They loved this sauce. They were eating it with spoons out of the bowl. That's a big commendation.
I had the pizzaiola. It was more like a chicken parm with a slightly sauce. I forgot to ask him to leave out the garlic but he didn't overdo it. The meat was prepared well and was tasty.
My wife got the seafood pasta and she enjoyed it. We also got the special risotto which was not too heavy and was tasty but lacked salt.
I was happy but was tossed up between a 3 (average) (which is good for Hawaii Italian) and a 4 which I thought was pushing it until we got dessert. The Tiramisu` and the Creme Brulee` were both fantastic and pushed me to between a 4 and a 5.
If you like real Italian food, I think this is place will serve you well. Just ask the chef or server for exactly how you want it and I am sure you will be satisfied.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Two couples, tired of the pricey Ko Olina restaurants seeking quality nourishment without paying an arm and a leg......voila......we had a great experience. Excellent service, four different entrees, each excellent in its own right....we were very pleasantly surprised and recommend to all stuck in the jaws of pricy Ko Olina.....breakaway and enjoy!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Not a long review as I won't waste key strokes on this one.

Ate here on a trip while staying at Disney Aulani. We were "in the mood" for Italian food and we are sorry that we wasted our money on this meal.

Husband and one son had an alfredo meal which was average. Other son had a Bolognese meal and I had the chicken parm. Chicken was horrible(rubber like) and the sauce on both meals tasted like Ragu! When I leave half the meal, that "tells the story" right there.
What made matters worst is the male waiter was disinterested and we felt "far from welcome" here.

Don't waste your money or time!

1  Thank jerseygal
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family and I celebrated my birthday at a new ristorante in Kapolei, Hawaii called Le Nonne(grandmother). I had read about it in the StarAdvertiser and I love trying new restaurants. We were greeted very warmly and seated inside. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and If he didn't know he would ask another employee We had a sampler appetizer of crab cake, a veggie, and prosciutto. It touched several places on your palate and got us started in the right direction. Their bread was also very good and the basil dip was outstanding. I tried the basil martini and that was surprisingly good. The seafood cioppino was very tasty with a tomato base. There was mussels, clams, and shrimp. We also had the lobster ravioli. Winners! They sent a birthday dessert that reminded me of a cannoli in a different form but was excellent. By then however, we were full. We will definitely return for more! Next time I hope they have gelato! We went next door for dessert. That's another review.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Authentic Italian, not the Japanese variety dominant in the Islands..at last! Delicate ravioli, focaccia with olivada, marvelous chicken Marsala con fungi...family run and super welcoming.