“Slept at the Disney Aulani, but Ate at the Naupaka Terrace”
Review of Naupaka Terrace - CLOSED

Naupaka Terrace
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Overlooking the pool, Naupaka Terrace is Ihilani's informal all-day dining restaurant. Enjoy the taste of Hawaiian selections, sampling of contemporary island cuisine uniquely ours, blending fresh local ingredients for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This restaurant is within the Marriot hotel neighboring the Disney Aulani. Once we discovered this restaurant, we never ate breakfast or supper again at the Aulani. This restaurant was delicious with much to choose from. Plus, it was less expensive than the Disney restaurants. A seafood buffet with King Crab on Saturday for about $50 each. Breakfast buffet is $26. Very nice atmosphere too. Great service. Check out the ponds for Hammerhead sharks, rays, and others. Was not crowded in late April.

1  Thank Barry A

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Three of us decided to eat here after deciding that the restaurants at the hotel next door where we were staying were a bit overpriced and overrated.My friends went for the $15 salad bar which was great.I had a seafood pasta dish which in my opinion was the best I'd had anywhere.The service was efficient and friendly, possible because it was not crowded, and we had a table with a view over the shark pool(no kidding).I do not review a lot of restaurants, but chose to do so with this one because we enjoyed the food so much.They also have $30 special chef's dinners on Wednesday and Friday nights.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Located in the JW Marriott Ihilani, Naupaka Terrace is the property's casual, sit-down dining venue serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The wife and I have dined here a number of times already, and from our experience, service can be hit or miss. Most of the time service is good to great, but once we did have really awful service. But, that was just once so far, so overall I'd say service is good.

But the food... how was it? When we visit Naupaka, I stick to my favorites because they're just that good! I ordered the Piadina (warm flatbread, Parma Ham, Nalo Farms baby Arugula, Dried Maui Pineapple, Shaved Parmesan, Sun Dried Tomato Aioli, and white truffle oil) and the Roasted Rack of Lamb (marinated in oolong tea, then grilled and smoked with kiawe wood smoke, and served with a garlic mashed potato, grilled vegetables, whole grain mustard crust, a red wine jus, and a buerre blanc). Both were amazing as always!

For desert, we were then escorted down to the resorts newish fire pit, which was reserved just for us. There, our waitress served us some champagne and went to get our desert. On this occasion we were served a sampler plate containing a mini Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cream Pie, a mini Guava Cheesecake and a mini Creme Brûlée. All were good, but my personal favorite is the Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cream Pie, while the wife is a fan of the Creme Brûlée.

Overall, the experience was wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to return, but only for the ala carte menu. I'm not a fan of the dinner buffet (underwhelming selections at high prices), so hopefully they'll allow guests to order the ala carte menu during the buffet again... if not, we may not be back for a while as we often come to dine while staying the weekend at Aulani.

1  Thank kharada46
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Ate breakfast here daily. Plentiful options both hot and cold. Great setting overlooking pool/ocean and the hotels baby sharks.

Tip: If you are Marriott Rewards Platinum member, you receive sizable discount at this restaurant...........

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We ate here a couple of times during our stay in the area in March. I offers a good selection at the salad bar, and the menu options are are not large but are varied. Steak is king. great meals, well prepared, staff is very friendly and attentive. The restaurant was not busy and our meals were delivered not rushed or delayed.

This is a great setting and good value for the money spent!