“Staff with an attitude”
Review of Naupaka Terrace - CLOSED

Naupaka Terrace
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Overlooking the pool, Naupaka Terrace is Ihilani's informal all-day dining restaurant. Enjoy the taste of Hawaiian selections, sampling of contemporary island cuisine uniquely ours, blending fresh local ingredients for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We made reservations for the Saturday night seafood buffet. We arrived on time and were told we would have to wait 20 minutes (with a reservation?!). Once seated we waited for someone to get a drink order and give us the low down on the buffet. We waited....and waited. Finally gave up and just went to the buffet. It was like a war zone. The buffet line was a mess. Empty serving plates everywhere. Spilled food everywhere. Of the 6 or 7 entrees serving trays only one had any food in it. We stood and waited for someone to replenish....nothing. None of the serving staff would look me in the eye so that I could attract their attention and tell them we needed food. Finally I got someone to talk to me. They said, "They are working on it". One tray of seafood came out and it was immediately wiped out by about 15 or 20 customers who had been similarly waiting. The next tray comes out and before it is even put in the serving line the waiter lets 2 or 4 of his local buddies take a shot at it before everyone else. The crab legs come out. My wife is waiting in that line and is first in line. The server behind the counter totally ignores her and gives about 6 of his local buddies the best pieces and lots of pieces. He then scowls at my wife, takes her plate and put three small pieces on the plate and dares her to complain. We felt like we were invisible. We felt like everyone in the restaurant was the aunt/cousin/uncle/sister/mother of the wait staff and that they all resented tourists from the mainland. I will never darken the door of that JW Marriott again. Over $400 for THIS??? I don't think so.

2  Thank UTPhotog
There are newer reviews for Naupaka Terrace

Reviewed April 8, 2013

While vacationing with friends in Ko Olina the first week of March we all decided to go out to a nice restaurant one night and happened to choose Naupaka Terrace at the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii. Without a doubt it was the best choice we could have made. The atmosphere was beautiful and the service was top rate. We were treated by our server as very special clients. And she was very helpful in our selection from the menu. We all felt relaxed and enjoyed our time, the food was delicious and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. I noticed how great it would be for a romantic dinner as well because the surroundings are so beautiful.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is important for us to have a good breakfast. We did not stay in JW but we came here everyday for their breakfast while we were in Oahu. The breakfast buffet was excellent! We especially liked omelet, miso soup, smoked salmon, and fresh fruits. They even have a DIY juicer to make fresh juice. If you want to have a hearty breakfast, this is the place to go.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice setting - though one more umbrella would have helped at lunch as everyone wants to sit near the fish on the teak patio, but it gets a lot of sun.

Food is not bad, but a little pricey. I kept thinking we might have done better at the pool bar, but we hadn't seen it yet.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We dined at Naupaka Terrace our first night at the JW. The food was just ok, nothing to brag about. The waiter was just ok. I would choose other restaurants for the price.

1  Thank jensi22