“It's a "value" Chinese Buffett.”

Ho Ho Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #112 of 137 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: Chinese
Kapolei, Hawaii
“It's a "value" Chinese Buffett.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you have a big family and need to feed them for cheap, try this place. Not "gourmet" cooking, but will fill in a blank if you need a value lunch or dinner.

Visited January 2014

Kapolei, Hawaii
“Poorest Customer Service..I've ever received.”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Talk about POOR customer service!

On Monday 12/2/13 I made the mistake of ordering take-out from this restaurant. Granted it was close to closing..but there should be NO EXCUSES for providing poor customer service..after all without your customers you would have no business..Right?

I ordered 1/Wor Wonton Fun in soup..and 1/plain LookFun in soup. The total for my order was $14.65. I picked up my take-out and headed home. When I opened the containers to eat..much to my surprise my order was incorrect..it was not what i had ordered (especially surprising/distressing since the man who took my phone-in order repeated it back to me to make sure it was correct - I found out later the he was also the manager/owner..how SAD).

Anyways..I immediately called the restaurant to complain that my order was wrong..and that I did not even receive a receipt for my (proof of) purchase. I was not gonna drive all the way back to rectify the situation/plus they were already closed for the evening. The manager James answered again..and told me to come back in on Wednesday (he would be there)..and they would refund my order.

Okay..on to Wednesday.
Of course I retuned for my refund..especially since I was unable to eat my take-out. the food was not what i ordered and not to mention already cold/greasy by then..and did not even look good. Appetite was lost.

When I met with the manager James for my refund..He handed me $3.00..instead of my original purchase price of $14.65. i was perplexed and a little confused.
Guess he expected me to chill the food for 3 days and bring it back.? If he had stated so..I gladly would have at this point. Talk about poor customer service..and bad business practices!!!

He only refunded me the difference between what I had ordered originally and what they served/substituted. So WRONG..especially because the food was never consumed.

It cost me more in gas just to pick-up my order the first trip!

Talk about CHEAP!..

Me and my Family..Friends..and Associates. Will NEVER patronize this business again. EVER!

May I suggest..everyone else do the same.

Thanks for NOTHING! James..and Ho Ho Chinese Restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Wahiawa, Hawaii
“How can chicken fried rice be messed up?”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This place was the least authentic Chinese food ever, the chicken fried rice, a fairly easy dish to make, was dry, tasteless and more like chicken jerky than anything. Never going again! We were the only ones in the restaurant and there were 4 workers, but it took them over 10 minutes to even speak to us.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Barbisurf
Honolulu
“A Nice Buffet”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Ho Ho Chinese Cuisine yesterday. I initially didn't want to go because I thought it was just another Chinese buffet with beef broccoli and fried won tons. The buffet line had those things but a whole lot more. The buffet line was double-sided instead of the usual single-sided line so they had double the offerings of most buffet lines. The entrees were also exceptional: salt and pepper shrimp, ginger chicken, spicy eggplant, mapo tofu, mussels in black bean sauce, sweet and sour spare ribs, and several types of dim sum. All of the dishes were of very high quality. The restaurant was noisy and everyone sits at communal tables. The place was full of locals, families, churchgoers, and military personnel. The bathrooms were also spotless: a rarity in Chinese restaurants. The price was right too: $27 for two. All in all, a good meal. My advice though is to go early to beat the crowds and get the freshest offerings.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank David Y
Kaneohe
“Great price! Great food!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Been here a few times, good is always very tasty and fresh, service could be a little better but for the most part i always have a pleasant experience... Oh and they have crab legs every day!! :)