“Would not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Azul - CLOSED

Azul
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Awarded the AAA 4-Diamond, Azul is Ihilani's signature Oahu fine dining restaurant, serving Hawaii's finest Italian cuisine.
Kapolei
“Would not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Decent food and a nice view is not enough to bring us back. The service started out great but halfway through our meal our waiter vanished. Really, he never came back at all. He got two other tables. One was about a six top, the other which was right next to us was about a five top. Seemed like he totally dumped us for the larger parties where he could potentially make more money. We waited forever to be asked for dessert and again for the check. Neither of those were done by him. Also being that is was my birthday and I had notated that on the reservation and was also wearing a lei, no one offered a Happy Birthday. Overall, not a very good night out.

2 Thank VKJHawaii
JW_Marriott_Ihilani, Manager at Azul, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We truly regret that we did not handle things better and have followed up with our team to ensure such a situation does not recur. Aloha and best wishes.

Shanghai, China (US Expat)
“Great Italian food but be prepared for a big bill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The staff was outstanding but the restaurant felt very cramped. Food was prepared well with good selections. For the price though ... it seems they could do more. But, that's Hawaii !

Visited December 2012
Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit. Aloha and best regards.
Lawrence, Kansas
“Average food, high prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I ate here with a large group on my most recent trip to Hawaii. We were seated right away which was nice, and they were able to accommodate our large group on short notice. The ambiance of the restaurant is great, I really enjoyed the stingray pools right next to the restaurant.

This is an Italian restaurant, however, I have had much better Italian food on the mainland. I ordered handmade ravioli. The tomato sauce was very plain without much seasoning and my food was served to me cold. Several other people at my table also had ravioli and all the ravioli was cold. My husand ordered a pasta that was lukewarm at best. For the prices they are charging, I was very underwhelmed with the meal. They did have some fabulous mixed drinks, the martinis were very good. If you live somewhere that has really good Italian food, I would skip this place.

• Visited January 2013
Thank you for your feedback. As our guest at Azul, we regret that this was not your impression and offer our apologies. We hope you give us another chance to create a new impression with our new chef and updated menu items. Aloha and kindest regards.
california
“Fabulous Italian food in a beautiful Hawaiian setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This fabulous restaurant is actually in the KoOlina resort area in the JW Marriott.the setting is beautiful,especially outside tables.Service is attentive,knowledgable and demonstrates the best of the Aloha spirit.I had a local fish entree as well as Carpaccio. The seafood pasta dish selected by my husband was excellent. We were fortunate on leaving to meet the restaurant owners who are both Italian. Their enthusiasm for their 8 month old restaurant was easy for us to share with them. A true Italian restaurant with flair!

• Visited January 2013
JW_Marriott_Ihilani, Manager at Azul, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for all your wonderful compliments. As our guest at Azul, we were thrilled to hear about the dishes that you found flavorsome. We were elated that you enjoyed your overall dining experience and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Aloha and kindest regards.
Edmonton, Canada
“Italy in Hawai'i”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was our last "fancy" dinner before we flew back to the cold of Canada. Our waiter, Stewart, was very friendly and as a sommelier, knew his wines! My Carpaccio was tasty and the main dish of veal was fantastic!. I tried my "real Italian restaurant test" at the end of dinner, by asking for a shot of strega. They didn't have any BUT in lieu of this, Stewart (by instruction of the owner and generously paid for by Stewart) brought me a generous snifter of Amaro Montenegro. Grazie per una cena memorabile.....

• Visited January 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Our staff enjoys personalizing your experience and getting to know you. We have passed down your praises to Stewart. We look forward to your return visit. Aloha and best wishes.