“Not bad for a lunch”
Review of Monkeypod Kitchen

Monkeypod Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkeypod Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 144 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

An ok restaurant nice fish and chips. Childrens pizza was ok. A short walk from the hotels in ko olina.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,522)

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We tried this place based on reviews and found it to be ok. We heard the happy hour was good so we had reservations for 5:00. We were seated promptly but it took awhile for our server to get to us. We ordered one of the appetizers featured on happy hour, the pumpkin ravioli. This was a great dish and not what we expected. No typical red sauce , these were served with fresh spinach and small bits of feta cheese on top. Very tasty and I wouldn't have known they were pumpkin by taste alone. The happy hour price ( ½ off) was $7.00 and a nice portion for 2 people. we had a pizza and it was $9.00 on happy hour. I ordered a glass of their house Chardonnay which was also on special of $6.00. The size of the pour was small and it was an unknown brand so not such a good deal. My spouse ordered an Arnold Palmer ( tea with lemonade) and was charged $4.00 for it. When the server came back, after he finished it, she told us if we wanted a refill it was an extra dollar. Hmmm.. Likewise, she knew we had ordered 3 things off happy hour menu but didn't come back to see if we wanted anything else on that menu before happy hour was over. We were there 30 minutes and she came back at 5:37 and asked if I wanted another wine, but ' just realize happy hour prices don't apply'. Fresh fish tacos were good ($21.00) an the pizza was just ok. Tried a piece of coconut pie and we've had better.While the food was ok, service could have been more attentive.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My first trip to the monkey pod will not be my last. Last night I dined with my wife and a friend and we all enjoyed the fare and service. Amanda did great and explained the specials exactly. My wife and I had this fish specials and they were wonderful!
My friend had the fish and chips and was also very pleased.
You MUST save room for the pies. We had both the chocolate and coconut. Both were great.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This place has some of the best food we have had in Hawaii. It's not cheap -- but nothing in Hawaii is cheap. I think pricing is fair for what you get -- good sized portions of fabulously prepared food. Service is wonderful. Avoid the awful overpriced food at then Ko'Olina resorts and head for Monkeypod.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Food, atmosphere and drinks were excellent. We went three times this week and enjoyed it each time. Mai Taos are a must.