“Pure Aloha”
Review of Monkeypod Kitchen

Monkeypod Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkeypod Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 140 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This would be my second time dining at the monkeypod kitchen, as seen by my previous reviews. My family and I were celebrating my sisters sweet 16, Again the Decor, tastfully designed, giving a modern twist of hawaii meet south beach. The Food, Cooked with bold falvors ( depending on your dish) i had the Seared Ahi which had a beautiful variety of flavors. But what really made our expierience worth writing AGAIN was its staff. Oi ( apologies if i butchered the spelling) was a fresh breathe of Aloha, from waiting all of his tables ( which it was a busy night) to giving my Grandma the extra 5minutes to help her understand her dishes contents. His passionate " yes how can i help" attitude made our night a great one, so from the Tia family We would love to say Mahalo Nui Loa

There are newer reviews for Monkeypod Kitchen

Reviewed January 21, 2014

During a recent vacation in Hawaii we had dinner at Monkeypod with a friend who lives in the area. We were seated outside and enjoyed the live band that was playing. The band was a local group playing a great mix of Hawaiian and rock music. The service and food was fantastic. My hubby and I shared a lobster pizza and a kale salad. Both were delicious. The following week we returned for a second visit. Arriving earlier this time we were able to participate in happy hour.... Half price drinks and appetizers. Hubby had a burger that he said was one of the best he had ever had and I had the kale salad and a shrimp appetizer. This is a great place to eat. Ask to sit outside so you can enjoy the live bands.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

came here by chance on vacation for sunday lunch. my wife and i considered it one of the highlights of our vacation. sitting on the outdoor patio having great food and listening to fantastic music. Just perfect

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had the pleasure of dining at the Monkeypod Kitchen twice on our last visit to Maui. My first recommendation - make a reservation! It is a busy place for dinner - lunch not as crazy. Their thin crust pizza was very good - fish and chips - excellent, and, the pie - save room - we shared a piece and then our daughter went back the next day and got one piece of each to go for our dinner at home! So good!!
Like many restaurants, with the open atmosphere it is LOUD. But if this does not bother you it is a fun place to eat and on our next visit to Maui we will go back! Oh - a special thanks to Shea, our server, she was terrific!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A great atmosphere with open air and covered seating. We had amazing fresh food here. The hamburgers and fish taco's were wonderful. Don't miss the homemade pies!