“Great Happy Hours”
Review of Monkeypod Kitchen

Monkeypod Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkeypod Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: American, Bar, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
Mission Viejo, California
“Great Happy Hours”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We have gone here twice once for evening happy hour which is super short but great prices on drinks. We had the $9 pizzas and they were delicious. My favorite was the pear, arugula pizza. The next night we enjoyed music on the patio and had two awesome pies - chocolate and kona coffee. Yum

1 Thank Rita T

• Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Service and Food”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Service was great - we went on a monday night with no prior booking and wanted to be out in an hour to get to a show at our hotel. The waiter was great in achieving this even though it was a busy night. Loved our food . Good kids menu as well.

Cape Canaveral, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Choice!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great music, food, and drinks! Large variety of beers and the Mai Tai's are loaded! The grilled Ahi Tuna was excellent!

Visited November 2013
“Great atmosphere, great food!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here on Nov. 29th. Very warm, modern, Hawaii atmosphere. We sat outside where "Erin" was playing the guitar and singing for all of us. Lunch was perfectly prepared. I loved the vegan Portuguese stew. My husband loved the pork tacos and my son loved the Poke tacos. We will definitely dine here again!

Vancouver
“Good food but chaotic”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I'll start with the good - the atmosphere is friendly, the bartenders are wonderfully friendly and make a fabulous cocktail, the waitstaff is also very friendly and the food, subject to one exception was generally good.

My husband and I ate here recently with our son, daughter-in-law and two small kids. We booked in at 5:45 assuming that we would, hopefully be seated by sixish and eating by 6:15. That was wishful thinking. It was raining when we arrived. My husband and I arrived on foot and were quite wet. There is no lounge or anywhere really to sit at all and their explanation is that it never rains. Interesting observation - unclear how it can be so lush if it never rains, which of course it does on a regular basis. In any event, we headed upstairs to the quieter bar for a pre-dinner drink. They sat us about five minutes so after 6 but food didn't arrive until after 6:30 and the dinners for the adults didn't arrive until about 6:45.

Now if we didn't have small kids with us I wouldn't have minded at all. However, this is obviously a kid friendly restaurant as they have high chairs and a kids menu so I kind of expected that they would be able to handle the crowds more effectively. It was chaotic to say the least and the bar tenders told us when we arrived it wasn't even as busy as it usually is.

As for the food, I had a mushroom and truffle pizza which was excellent, my daughter-in-law very much enjoyed her lobster pizza and my son really liked his pulled pork burger. However, my husband could barely eat any of his fish and chips. The batter on the fish was heavy and soggy as opposed to light and crispy and he said even the fish inside the batter wasn't great.

I would return with adults only and be very careful what we order and expect long delays. I would certainly not recommend this place if you have children with you given how long it takes to get seated and get your dinner.

• Visited November 2013