“It's a fun place to go to and race with friends/family/coworkers”
Review of Podium Raceway

Go Oahu Card
Honolulu, Hawaii
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“It's a fun place to go to and race with friends/family/coworkers”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Things I like:

+usually there are groupon specials for 2-for-1s, so check online
+use of head sock and helmet included, you can bring your own DOT approved helmet if you want
+karts are electric and very fast
+no fumes
+at least 10 people can race at a time
+workers are friendly and knowledgeable
+you get 20% off if you have a gold season pass from the water park
+printed race results as well as online records of all your races

What I don't like:
- they try to fit as many racers per round, and there are race heads who may ruin a group race because they're all about getting the fastest time and they get upset at the noobs in the group
- many times the place will get crowded and there isn't room to sit, I wish they would open up the unused party rooms so that you could sit there while you wait for your race

It's a good place to go. I'd say the average cost of a race is $25 which is about 20 minutes of racing. And if you buy races in bulk, or if you use the groupon. Overall, great place to go with friends/family/coworkers.

Visited August 2013

Hilton, NY
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great fun!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

It's probably been 30 or 40 years since I've driven a go-kart so for me the 2 races I ran were "white knuckle," & I mean that in a good way. These machines seen VERY fast. You can spinout or crash the barricades if you are not careful. Acceleration is snappy, & I have no doubt the top speed of 45mph is realistic. The raceway itself is clean, well lighted & the staff has things very well organized. No fumes or track dust, just the hi pitched whine of the electric engines & the squeal of tires trying to purchase grip on the smooth concrete track. Races are 14 laps & last about 5 minutes. At about $25 per race you could put quite a dent in your wallet. We went on "buy-one-race, get-one-race free" Tuesday. This place is very well run. You even get a readout after every race giving you your average lap time, fastest lap, finish position, etc. As I said, great fun. Just so you know-- I finished 5th out of 6 both races! Some of these guys were really good!!!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank djmes
Trumbull, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Need 4 Speed”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited twice while on vacation. No lines to wait! Great atmosphere! We had a Groupon so price was a little cheaper.

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun off day”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Boys were tired after a full day swimming and snorkeling on the north shore so we thought we'd try something a little off the beaten path. Podium is clean, the staff is friendly as they can be. There were mostly locals here today but everyone was friendly. Overall at $96 for both kids to run 3 races not to bad. The karts went about 30 mph on the straightaways, slower for younger kids, mine are 14. Track is relatively short and about 30 minute wait between some races. Boys had a blast. That's what matters.

Visited July 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Family Fun”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Fun family activity!! Took my boyfriend and my brother and we all had a blast!! It's best if you can get the whole race track to you and your friends/family so try to get there early to sign up for race times. Up to 9 people can race at a time. Tip: look for coupons online before you go. You can find discount coupons online to get two races for $25. If not its $25 for one race.

Visited July 2013