“Amazing Family Vacation”

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kapolei
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We love this place! Although this is a timeshare the service here is more in line with a 4 or 5 star hotel. The staff here really goes above and beyond. In fact in the middle of the night when my daughter woke up sick with a fever and the on site market was closed they opened it just for me! Considering there is a grocery store only a few miles away I really didn't expect such service. If you have kids this place is wonderful. Many pools to choose from as well as ocean lagoons that are safe for little ones to swim in play in all day. This was our second trip here and we loved it so much this time we actually bought a timeshare.

Have only been back a couple days and I am already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed with our adult children in a 2-bedroom beachfront villa. It was absolutely wonderful...full kitchen, access to grills, ocean view, gorgeous sunsets. We went early enough that the first several days it was not crowded at all, but Memorial Day weekend, the resort really filled up. All the staff was very cheerful and friendly. The onsite restaurants had good food, but limited choices. The only thing we had trouble with was our key not getting us into the parking garage. We would definitely recommend staying here soon....with all the new construction going on, it a few years I'm afraid it will become a secondary Wikkikki atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 79reilly
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I must say i wasn't sure if we wanted to stay in Waikkiki or in Kapolei being that in Waikkiki your near everything,this was our first trip. Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We did a timeshare exchange through Interval.We were offered a studio twice. I wanted a 1 bdroom, i was trading my 2bdr,. I was willing to downgrade it was for HAWAII!!! On the 2nd offer and told by the representatiive from Interval that 1 brm and up are really available to the (home )owners, I didn't want to risk not getting the date I wanted, As we were doing a vow renewal on a specific date, so we grabbed the studio, it was just the two of us.
My husband and I could not be more pleasantly surprise, the resort was lovely, everything we wanted, Beautiful landscaping, clean,tranquil, and the beauty of hawaii, romantic, the staff helpful,courteous,friendly,accomodating,and full of aloha spirit. We had a to our surprise a ocean view woophiee(i did happen to mention that we were celebrating our 25 anniversary in an email the resort sent me prior to check in, in regards to any events and activities we might be interested in--I don't know if that helped in the room we recieved and when we checked in they had it noted and also sent up a box of chocolates and a card with well wishes for our special celebration that was a nice surprise) I would like to mention also I had called the resort weeks earlier to find out about doing a ceremony and they set me up with Alohabridalgallery and their rep. she took care of evevrything we needed for our vow renewal on "Secret Beach" it was everything I hoped for.
So every morning we'd awake to the pacific ocean view and then the sun and the birds singing if you like that! We chose to have our breakfast on our lanai everyday that memory stays with us --lovely!!! At night the best sunsets- wow it really is Hawaii! What more can I say! Thanks to the reviews on tripadvisor we went for it. Great choice for us. If you want the clubs, a fast pace activity, and the city scene this is not the place for you , if you want down time, do what ever you feel like time, whenever you feel like because you just want to unwind--- this is it!!!. This is a family friendly resort and that means kids--hey thats ok as long as their not yours--right :).
The activities they have you -can pick what interested you. Then there are sights to see! A car rental is best so you can come and go as you please ---Waikkiki is 30 min. Pearl harbour 20min, Dole plantation 20min. and so on. The mall area is one exit away maybe 5mins( target,kmart, chili's,taco bell, mcDonalds, pizza hut,nail salons,beauty shops,supermarkets,and so on) .
The Activiites desk attendants are great with information and setting up activites for you. The directions they have ready for you where you want top go are the best I've seen--I really hate to get lost:(--but we sure didn't Thanks to Racheal!) The restaurants on site my favorite was Choloe Grill with the view of the water, the palm trees ,the sunset, the music in the background, the vibe was aloha, food was very good and the pina coladas delicious!
In short I would say we were not disappointed at all --it then seems the 13Hr travel time from the east coast was in the end worth it(be advised!!!)I could go on-the Bed was the best --everything in our studio( 20 804 in Hale Moana Bldg ) perfectly clean and to Marriot standards.In all would definately go to Hawaii again and stay here in a heartbeat! Read other reviews get as much info as you can and go for it I did --And they lived happily everafter!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gee81680
Reviewed May 10, 2010

every thing was fine at this resort, not outstanding and not bad, we should have done some homework and got the upgrade room. limited kitchen means eating out allot and that gets expensive. we traded a time share on an other island so we got owner parking, if not for that it would have been an extra $30 per day. all in all Hawaii on the beach is hard to knock.

PS one real down side is no satellite TV, missed hockey play offs.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2010

We traded into the resort through Interval.
Had a 1 bedroom villa, as well as a lockoff unit. I really liked the size of the villa, and all the included amenities for cooking/cleaning (dish washing soap, plenty of dish washing detergent, paper towels, plastic garbage bags, etc.). The pool, jacuzzi and water slide were a lot of fun. Don't worry, the slide isn't just for kids, they allow adults to go down, however it is enclosed and in the dark. My first time down, I was so surprised at how fast it was!
We tried out the Ko Olina Cat morning snorkeling cruise which was a lot of fun. The crew was really nice and helpful. The boat takes you out to this section called electric beach, where we were able to snorkel with all sorts of fish.
Overall our trip to Hawaii was wonderful. I would recommend this resort to anyone trading through Interval that is interested in going to Hawaii. It was a good stomping ground for us to really get out and explore the Island.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heartsmileykid
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I am an owner of Worldmark and traded into the Marriott Ko Olina Resort through Interval International for a 3 bedroom unit for 4 adults and 3 kids for the dates of 4/10-4/17.

After 18 hours of a hell trip of airline travel from San Jose to LAX to HNL.....arrived at the resort and took all the stress away!

My brother and his family arrived before us, so was able to check into the resort around 2pm...and to make up for our long airline delays, we got LUCKY with an Ocean View room....which some was blocked by the palm trees in the front, but still got a spectacular view (so if facing the ocean, try to get the higher floors, anything above 7, and you get the best views…but we weren’t complaining).
Our unit was a 3 Bedroom, 3 bath, which was basically a 2 bedroom unit with the separate lockoff 1 bedroom studio unit ...and this worked out perfect for us. My wife and I took the master, the kids in the 2nd bedroom with 2 twin beds, and my brother and his wife took the lock off unit which had a king size bed and sleep sofa.
Very nice and clean, hawaiian decor....and lots of room...we had no issues at all with all of us in the unit with room to spare. Full kitchen, stacked washer & dryer (which made it nice so we didn’t have any dirty clothes to worry about when we got home)

As other reviewers mentioned, there are local stores to shop, Safeway, Target, and Costco (and the strip malls have numerous places to eat), all less than 15 mins away (really 2-3 exits away). We took advantage of this to buy our groceries for breakfast, lunches and snacks.

The grounds are very nice and all the kids loved swimming in the 3 local pools and local lagoon! We usually stayed at the main pool with the water slide, and the kid friendly pool with the zero entry beach pool.
The weather was unsually cool for the week we went 4/10-4/17, so the kids really enjoyed sitting in the hot tubs to warm up.

I played golf at the local Ko Olina Golf Resort, which was nice....booked an 12pm tee time to get the cheaper rate, but because there were not alot of players on the course that day, was able to get
off earlier and had no issues in playing time. Windy, but very nice!
The concierge helped book Snorkeling Cruise for my wife, son, and brother’s family which they said was awesome…saw 3 whales and about 30 dolphins swimming next to the boat, but snorkeling a bit rough because the weather was windy which made the water choppy.

We did a drive to the North Shore 1 day and visited
- Dole Plantation (gotta luv them Pineapple Whips)
- Had a snack at the Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck (get the spicy…nice burn),
- Grab a sandwich from Storto’s Deli (with the Papaya Seed dressing…made an awesome sandwich – only negative is sandwich could have used more meat)
- And for the kids, a stop at Matsumoto Shaved Ice!

On our last nite, we did goto the Paradise Cove Luau, which was nice, and very close (Marriott has a shuttle that circles their hotel, resort, and golf course, which made it very easy to get around).

When you check in, Marriott “suckers” you in to visit their Welcome desk within 24 hours to get a discount card to use at their resort, restaurants, golf course, and concierge services, and they entice you to sign up for the Marriott Timeshare Presentation, which we signed up for just to get the gift voucher. The presentation lasted 90 mins, and the guy wasn’t pressuring at all, but the negative was that he was saying that I got lucky to trade in, and when all the Marriott units sell out in 5-7 years, he mentioned that I would NEVER be able to trade in again….we’ll see.
We did this to get a $75 gift voucher (which we used at Roy’s Restaurant, located at the Ko Olina Golf Club… which if you are staying at the resort, to make a point to dine at one evening….great dishes!!).

There is construction next door for the new Disney Resort, but this was not a bother at all.

The only issue we had was with Billing, where my brother and I had separate accounts set up for charges, and for some reason, eventhough we gave room numbers to charge, they still mixed it up, so it took about 15 mins to clear up before we checked out.

Overall, and awesome experience, and would love to stay here again….but hoping to trade into the Marriott Resort in Maui for next year…so maybe we will get lucky again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank monsterdun
Reviewed April 20, 2010

It started just getting out of the car. The service from valet, maids, hotel staff and restaurant staff was excellent. This place is made for families, but as a couple it was just as nice. We were always greeted with a smile. I loved the restaurant/bar. The servers were very helpful picking out food and drinks for us. This was the first time we had been on vacation together since our honeymoon 20 years prior. The beaches were beautiful. You could snorkel in lagoon 1 and see turtles that live there. The Concierge was very helpful. The Luau FiaFia was wonderful. We were told to go to the Paradise Cove luau but didn't make it to that one. The food was good and the entertainment was great. The chief was hilarious and serious when he needed to be. We did go on the sales pitch to buy. They were really nice. We never really felt pressure to buy. We do own the time share with Marriott in Tahoe and had traded it to come here. Very good choice. Yes you do need to rent a car to go and do all of the sites. We still made it back every evening to eat at Kolohe's bar and grill. Frances was an excellent bartender and server.
Everyone there made our second honeymoon perfect. Thanks

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Waikiki
Prince Waikiki
#1 of 84 in Honolulu
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku

Been to Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!