1. the hotel ground and surroundings are beautiful and nicely landscaped.
2. the lagoons are perfectly safe for small children, you can rent a limited number of water toys at logoon #3 (the one directly in front of the beach club).
3. the rooms are new and nicely furnished, it feels more like an upscale apartment than a hotel room.
4. very friendly staff - restaraunts, front desk, bell, desk, concierge ... everyone is helpful. Especially the lovely lady Tina at concierge, she saved my days couple of times by suggesting tours that fit our need perferctly.
5. nice restaraunts at JW Marriott, which is about half a mile away on paved, lit ocean fron pathway. nothing special about the only restaraunt onsite, except that they made above-average pina colada :)
6. if you're a runner like me, you won't be able to resist suiting up and running along the path way along the lagoons, it's a bit short, but with everything so beautiful, you wouldn't mind making a couple of roundtrips.
7. Ko Olina marina is right next door, couple of excursions depart from there, again, the concierge desk can be very helpful there.
My impression of the common forum complaints -
1. flight path - I found it fun to watch jets flying over the hotel, the noise is totally an non-issue to me (and I'm very sensitive type).
2. construction - it is being done on both sides of the existing buildings, the time is limited, I believe 8-5, and the noise is not that noticable with the ocean-waves, but I did find myself having to conciously avoid the cranes when I'm framing with my cameras. While it's something you can totally ignore and still have a great time, it's a bit annoying, especially if you expect a "perfect" vacation.
1. location - the hotel's 25-30 minutes drive away from Wakiki, on a good day. If your itenary includes Hanauma bay, you're at a disadvantage competing with the big crowd 20 miles closer than you.
2. most tours/excursions leave from Wakiki, so definitely get a car.
Hope this is helpful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Ko Olina Beach Club Hotel Kapolei
- Marriott Vacation Club Kapolei
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Hotel
- Marriott Kapolei
- Ko Olina Beach Club
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Club
- Kapolei Marriott
- Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club Hawaii/Oahu