“Relaxing, Stunning & Awesome!”

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kapolei
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, Stunning & Awesome!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here for a week and had a very relaxing holiday. It is out of the way somewhat which for us was a bonus but has plenty of local restaurants, the best of which was Roy's which I would highly recommend. Sipping on cocktails in the hot tub watching the sunset each night didn't get boring.

There is an airbase near by so we were treated to an F22 flyover every other night which was a treat for me but perhaps not everyone? :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 7, 2014

First off I feel bad to write this review because the majority of staff at this property are very nice and accommodating,- but on the other hand I need to let the public know so this doesn't happen to you!

We arrived to a beautiful 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen. I thought everything looked immaculate until waking up to 19 bites all over my body! My daughter and I slept in the same bed so she too was attacked. My husband and son slept in the other room and were fine.
We really had no idea what caused these bites so I decided to do some investigating on the internet and in the room where we slept.

I decided to lift up the mattress and pull off the bed skirt to look at the box spring and low and behold evidence of bed bugs (feces, shells, stains etc.BUT!! No actual bug! I will try to post picks below. So we call housekeeping, and they send a whole team of people - Housekeeping Supervisor - a few of her staff and security.

They search and can't find the actual bugs. The Supervisor asks if I've been in the sand or swimming and I said yes! But we've only been here a day! She said its flea bites? Huh? We don't own any pets at this time and I'm OCD about cleanliness. I felt embarrassed - could I be wrong? No! These bites were starting to itch more and more and beginning to blister by early afternoon. My daughter and I were somehow allergic.

So now they offer to bring a whole new mattress and completely clean the room. I said that would be sufficient for now - not knowing yet how these bugs operate.

We were staying with my husbands family who had a room across the hall and seemed a little offended that we were making such a big deal because they absolutely love this Marriott in Kapolei.

So long story short - they clean the room - new mattress etc. basket of candy ... Everything good right? No!!
Next night more bites! Not as many and this time - it's only me who is being bitten! Now I'm going crazy - cant sleep the whole week - washing, everything constantly. I'm so freaked out!! Trying to not make a big deal - but now we r home and I have scars all over! Face, hand, arm, and legs. Trying to heal.

All of our luggage is still outside. Slowly washing every single item. I still feel like bugs are biting me. Using hydrocortisone and anti scar creams everyday.

Some vacation....:(

• Stayed July 2014
17 Thank Vume
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are deeply sorry to learn about your experience as this is not typical of the resort. We would like to learn more about your issue and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 1-800-860-9384. Thank you again for your review.
Austin,Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I truly loved this hotel with its beautiful fish ponds, shark pond, beach cove and adorable bridges. This hotel also had wonderful snorkeling from the beach at the hotel. Our room overlooked the beach and the pool and had a very nice veranda where we were able to enjoy the ocean breezes The staff were wonderful and always there to help in any way that they could. I can honestly say that the Marriott hotel made our first trip to Hawaii perfect.

Room Tip: You won't regret staying at this hotel. Be sure to go to the Paradise Cove Luau that is walking...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your five-star TripAdvisor review! We are thrilled to learn your first trip to Hawaii was perfect and that you both enjoyed the amenities at Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club! Your comments are appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Folsom, California
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is another outstanding Marriott property. We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa. Very spacious. Nice kitchen with all you need. Washer and dryer in room. Very comfortable bed. Nice decor. Nice balcony. The pools were really cool with plenty of space. Many chairs available. Beach in front of location is beautiful. We BBQ'd almost every night. The downsides are the beach is man made not natural. Outside the resort the area is kind of rough. We traded Marriott Maui Ocean Club 1 bedroom ocean view for this unit and did not get an equal ocean view. That was disappointing. Trading within Marriott system should be even trade. We visited over the 4th of July and it was extremely crowded that day. There were a lot of non-guests there that day. Back to the good. A lot of fun festivities on the 4th with an excellent fireworks display visible from the beach, very cool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jmacfarlane
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I came to Hawaii for 12 days - 4 on Oahu and 7 on Kauai.

We had a studio on the 16th floor of the Moana tower which overlooked the pool and beach which was beautiful.

The balcony was a little cramped but it was nice to have the outdoor space.

The room and bathroom were spotless and fairly modern and the bed was comfortable.

It was nice to have the kitchen but the sink was a small bar sink and kind of a pain to clean things in after you made something. We did a few breakfasts in the room which it was perfect for.

The boardwalk/path between all the Ko Olina resorts was great and I used it for my cardio; the water fountains were key and very much appreciated when running in the heat!

The gym was shiny and new and had everything I was looking for; I did mostly strength training because why lock yourself inside for cardio in Hawaii when you can run on the nice path outside or hike nearby?

The beach and pools were great to have and we enjoyed winding down outside after our days of exploring. Definitely love the quiet pool because there were a lot of families/kids when we came so it was nice to have a quiet space to read/relax.

Can't forget the yummy shave ice treats here either - we loved the offerings from the resort and it became a daily treat. One day the employees even gave it to us on the house after we were chit chatting with them and told them we were on our honeymoon!

It was nice to have the restaurants nearby because many times after being out all day we didn't feel like making the trek off the resort again; we ate at Longboards one night and Chucks one night. I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off and the food/drinks were good at both.

The biggest downside in our book and which would probably prevent us from returning to this spot despite the beautiful resort is the location. All of our favorite spots were clear on the other side of the island (Diamond Head, Makapuu, Waimanalo/Lanikai/Kileaua beaches, scenic overlooks) and driving through Honolulu traffic every day was not the most pleasant part of our honeymoon.

1 Thank sunnytropic84
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! We are delighted to hear your Hawaiian honeymoon was enjoyable and that our staff was accommodating. We appreciate your comments and thank you again for your review.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The wife and I were debating between staying at the JW Marriott or this property and ultimately went with this one. We went with another couple so we ended up with a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite, which was very spacious. The suite had a kitchen and living room, which was great to have, although we never cooked a meal. We did end up using the grills outside, which is a great perk. There are a couple of grilling areas around the resort and has plenty of grills. There aren't too many dining options in Ko Olina, so we ate outside of the resort. The great thing about this property is that there are no resort fees, which is just a money maker for the hotels. Parking is about $30/day and have the option of valet or self park. Note to couples, this is a very beautiful resort, but there are lots and lots of kids. If you plan on playing on the resort for most of the day, just remember that! I'm sure the JW would have been more luxurious, but overall, we had a great stay and enjoyed our time here.

1 Thank Dain K
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The lagoon was beautiful and very pleasant to swim In! Soft sand beach and warm clear water! The pools were very fun and having so many made it not to crowded. Are at Longboards very yummy burgers and the Lava Flows were my favorite drink on the island! Rooms were large and clean, just wasn't thrilled with the 10 am check out time, especially since our room wasn't even ready till 530 the night before.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! We are pleased to learn you enjoyed the lagoons and many of the amenities at Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club! Your feedback regarding early checkout time will be shared with resort managers. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Waikiki
Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#5 of 84 in Honolulu
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku

Been to Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!