“Nice, restful, but pools full of locals”

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kapolei
Los Angeles, California
“Nice, restful, but pools full of locals”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a consistent, clean Marriott vacation club, with great location, variety of pools, plenty of room to enjoy open spaces, plenty of lounge chairs. One complaint: no one checking wristbands at pools and there appear to be lots of locals and their Ohanas without wristbands crowding the pools. Public parking lot and public lagoon is right next door, property needs to be securely gated and shut. Not acceptable when your spending thousands on a vacation to have freeloaders at the pools. Some rowdys, lots of tattoos, not the Four Seasons crowd for sure. No lifeguards, lots of kids jumping off rocks into pool despite signs, they must have great liability insurance. On site restaurant Chucks sucks. Longboards is great for casual dining and live music.

3 Thank E G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cameron Park, California
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is our get-a-way. We look forward to experiencing this paradise every year. This resort is outstanding in every way. We purchased a time-share about 5 years ago. It was the best purchase that we made in a very long time. Not only do we look forward to our next vacation visit, but in this economy our purchase has increased in value. If you are looking for a great place to invest for your vacation and value, can't go wrong with Ko Olina Marriott's Beach Club. Please consider the "Ocean View" if you purchase. (Best long term). I highly recommend walking the path next to the ocean at night from Ko Olina past the Disneyland Resort to the JW Marriott's. It is so beautiful, hearing the ocean and watching the waves break at night. I recommend Ko Olina, the best memories.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brendaf12345
SF Bay Area
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I travel and stay here when on company business quite a bit. This time was for a wedding and even though I have been here many times it is still an amazing experience. A testament to the great staff and the resort itself that it continues to exceed my expectations in every way - from the grounds to the rooms themselves, I have nothing but good to say. To get away from it all and leave your troubles behind this is the place to be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jim H
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

we got a great friends and fam rate for one bedroom condo. otherwise, VERY expensive. Anyway, a few tips... visibility for snorkeling better at Beach Villas next door, not Marriott Beach club lagoon. It is the lagoon to the right if you are looking at the lagoon. Or galoon as my 5 yr old says. Anyway, we spent all day there snorkeling and seeing a great variety of fish and not worrying about waves. But remember to reapply lotion every hour or two. We reapplied every three and got some minor burn still. And remember every beach in Hawaii is public and free, except Hanauma Bay. So, go get a palapa and enjoy the day no matter where you are staying. Virgin Pina coladas at Marriot pool bar were great. My son had 5 of them. And the pool near the beach that had the slide was fun, except some kid pooped in it and they shut it early one day. Funny but gross that these things happen at all pools-public or private. For food, we only got food at the marketplace on site. They had good loco moco and poke. Prices were not bad-under$10. Keiki meals at pool bar were also ok-dino nuggets, grilled cheese, and kraft mac and cheese with nice fruit on the side for $8. we went to Roy's nearby and a good pizza place near there too. Anyway, lots of talk about where to stay-which building/which view.We stayed in Hale Kona 10920-9th floor that is- and even thought at 100% occupancy, we thought we were only ones on the floor, so quiet. Probably noisier on pool/beach side but we had lagoon and mountain view in a one bedroom. Hale Kona is the centrally located building but it didnt sound noisy at all on the mountain side. Only complaint is charge for parking and no room service. More expensive parking than NYC. Just bad to charge considering how expensive it is to stay there. Anyway, many people just hang there all day but we did that for only one day, then explored other parts of Oahu for the rest of our stay. Have fun!

San Jose, California
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We are Marriott Vacation Club owners and had exchanged our week to stay at Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club. I'm not a Waikiki kind of person but this resort located on the west shore of Oahu is far enough from the crowds yet not totally isolated from civilization. Beautiful lagoons with lounge chairs right on the beach and three great swimming pools. As always the Marriott staff treat you like royalty and cater to your every need.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean/pool view. We were given an mountain / golf course view. The golf course is ac...
1 Thank ablackandtandoxie
Orange, California
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I are Marriott timeshare owners and used points to get a 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom for us to share with our kids and grandkids (10 of us.) The Ko Olina resort area is beautiful. You really don't have to leave to enjoy Hawaii. There are four lagoons to enjoy the beach and snorkeling. Marriott has an awesome kids pool that my grandkids used everyday. We walked to the Disney Aulani for a birthday dinner and they had an incredible buffet. Another night we enjoyed the Marriotts Fia Fia luau that my kids liked better than the Paradise Cove Luau down the road. There is a nice shopping area across the street with a small market and several restaurants. Marriott has incredible customer service. Whenever we passed any of the employees they had a smile and a aloha for us. I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: The Na'ia tower is good for families with small children. Get off the elevator on 2 and you are...
2 Thank SCCCDC
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was truly a dream come true vacation for our family. We were eagerly anticipating our week in Hawaii but I never imagined how wonderful our time would be there. I was hoping that our resort selection was a good one but it turned out to be a perfect fit for us. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo that had plenty of room. Our two 17 year olds felt like they had their own apartment with the kitchenette in their room. I usually like to spend just a small amount of time at a resort so that I can get out and see everything in the area. However, this time I could have been quite content just on the resort with the lagoons, swimming pools, whirlpools, restaurants, and entertainment. I did appreciate that we weren't far from a Target or Walmart if we needed to buy something cheap, or a McDonalds (99 cent drinks!) We did go to Waikiki while we there and while I enjoyed it, I really loved the fact that at the end of the day we were going back out to a safe, quiet resort. I didn't worry about the kids going out to find their own entertainment and I think they enjoyed knowing they had so many options. We went to the luau on site on Tuesday evening. At first, my 2 teenagers were quite sure it was going to be lame and didn't want to go. I told them we had already paid for the food and that they might as well go eat and then if they got bored they could leave to go swimming. Well, boredom was not a problem--in fact they loved it and were sending pictures to all of their friends about the great luau! At the end of the week when we were leaving, my kids wanted to know if we could come back again next summer. The staff was wonderful and helped us with any plans that we wanted to make. All I can say is "thanks!" -- this was truly a dream come true and Marriott did a fantastic job of making us feel so special while we were there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jjmbcherry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Trump International Hotel Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#6 of 84 in Honolulu
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort

Been to Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!