My family and I checked out this morning. We were all sad to leave, this is such an amazing resort. This resort is about 30 minutes outside of Honolulu,and 45 minutes from Waikiki. So if you are planing to mainly so activities in those areas I would not suggest staying here as rush hour is pretty much 5a-9a, and 4p-7p every weekday.We planned two trips into Honolulu/Waikiki during our 7 day stay and that was plenty.
This location has everything you could want: you can go snorkeling in the lagoons, take a cruise from the harbor, play golf if you want, there is a village also right outside the gate where you can purchase food to cook if you prefer. The staff were all attentive and nice, the food at the restaurants was expensive- this is par for the course at almost any hotel I have ever stayed at, you can always go elsewhere off site if you prefer.
I do recommend renting a car for your stay. This spot is remote from most touristy activities (Waikiki, Honolulu, popular beaches, and most souvenir shops) and you'll end up paying more for cabs than if you had just rented a vehicle for yourself.
I'd like to take a moment and address a consistent negative review I've read on here about this location because it almost impacted my decision whether or not to stay here: a bad view from the balcony- who cares? Seriously, you are in Hawaii. Either pay the more expensive fee and get the ocean view or don't complain about a parking garage or what have you....how much time are you spending on your balcony during your vacation? Maybe have a cup of coffee in the morning or a drink at night? Who cares that you overlook a parking garage- dude, you're in hawaii- relax.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Ko Olina Beach Club Hotel Kapolei
- Marriott Vacation Club Kapolei
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Hotel
- Marriott Kapolei
- Ko Olina Beach Club
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Club
- Kapolei Marriott
- Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club Hawaii/Oahu