“We enjoyed staying here”

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kapolei
San Diego
“We enjoyed staying here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Although it is not a cheap place, we are overall satisfied with the quality of the room. We had a 2-bed 2-bath suite; it was very spacious, well-equipped, and well-furnished. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had a great mountain view.

We really like the fact that it has its won beach, which is great for swimming. The concierge was quite helpful. We will come back again!

The only complaint I have is that we did not use the house keeping service during the 6 days we stayed there, because we like to be environmentally conscious. Other hotels we stayed before would encourage such behavior by giving a little reward (e.g., a small voucher), but Marriott does not have anything like that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

It's been a couple years since I've been here, but it still looks fabulous! We had a 2 bedroom with full kitchen in tower 3. It wasn't a lock-off room, so only one entrance, but that was fine. We always stop at Target and load up on snacks and booze....no sense eating out for every meal, even though you're on vacation. I like being able to wake up in the morning, make some coffee and toast myself a bagel and not have it cost me $20! Chucks Steak house is great, worth eating at at least once, and Longboards is good too.
The Disney resort is now open down the road, so the walking path is a lot busier, but they have gates and wristbands to keep the extra people out. There are several pools, one is labeled the "Quiet Pool"....and while it doesn't SAY no kids, it should...because kids just simply can't be quiet while playing in a pool. That's pretty much my only complaint about this place, I wish they would enforce the quietness of that pool and also the hot tubs that are 18+. We were in the 18+ hot tub with another couple and there were two 5-6 year old kids...the kids started splashing each other, kicking water, etc. and i shot the couple (who I assumed were their parents) a look. They did a "they're not OURS" look and so I told the kids to stop. They looked at me like I was nuts! I finally stood up and raised my voice and they stopped and lo & behold, their parents appeared from no where. Hello? Who leaves little kids unattended in a hot tub?!? There's a big ole sign right where you get in, but apparently some people just don't care.
Anyway, the check-in people are very nice and the bellmen are wonderful as well. If you get in early and have stopped at Target, they'll take your cold groceries and store them in a fridge for you until you can check in. Parking is tight, but free....I don't remember what Valet was, but I know it was pricey.
Overall, this place is great, the west side of Oahu is quiet and slow paced and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here mid January with a group of family members. This is a nice resort, and the grounds and facilities were very nicely kept. It is very big. The rooms are well-appointed and very spacious. The kitchen had everything we needed. I didn't hear any other guests while in the rooms. At most hotels you can hear people through the walls, but that's not the case here. The pools are nice - adult pool especially. The beach area also is nice with plenty of chairs. We didn't eat here a lot, but it was a bit pricey when we did. On the other hand - it's Hawaii, so that's to be a bit expected. Drinks from the bar were good; however, there is a rule that you can't buy more than one drink at a time and there is no service on the beach. That's a bit annoying when you have to make multiple trips, but it was explained that's a Hawaii rule, and there's no getting around it. Oh well. Location is a bit removed from things, but the sunsets make up for it. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Gotta go ocean-view - you're in Hawaii!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
beersheva
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

As most thing in life it is my opinion and its only mine but why resorts? I was force to stay here due to a wedding I was attending but just dont get why people do it? It so overpriced there are a bunch of rules and everything closes at 10is.. Im almost 30 and if I want to stay in a hottub past 10 pm I should be able to.. I just feel resorts are for those who want to have zero control over their vacation.. If that is your thing then it is a nice place..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shelly Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

It's been a year since my last visit to this perfect place,and again I enjoyed it . My 2 yr old grandaughter just loved the Mermaid visit to the pool and the Mermaid show in the lagoon on saturday night,followed by the Movie on the lawn , great for the children.Do get a car,so you can pop up to the factory outlet's and down to the market for supplies.If you dont have a car the ABC shop is just a short walk down the road ,good bar and grill there.Also this time we walked down to Paradise Cove and swam with Turtle's what an experience.

Room Tip: make sure you know what your room is.eg a penthouse is not an appartment only has a higher ceiling.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JoanneQ163
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Marriott has it down when it comes to a relaxing vacation spot. Rooms are wonderful. Spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly, helpful, and never pushy. This resort has all the amenities. Really like the quiet pool for adults. There are also two large pools for families. Food is great. Tons of activities. Do as much as you want. Location is perfect. All in all a terrific time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Commodore99
Milford, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went to visit our Navy Son over New Years. Booking WELL in advance is required for the best accomodations. We had to wait until the Revelers left town to get into this resort, staying at the Hyatt Place Honolulu in the meantime.

This luxury resort is not cheap, but for a real "Hawaiian Island" experience, this is the ticket. Swaying palms, gentle ocean breezes, an amazing multi-tiered pool for the kids, and a clean, safe ocean inlet to swim and snorkle in.

Far enough away from the buzz of downtown Honolulu to enjoy peace and quiet, Yet close enough to enjoy the many attractions from Pearl Harbor and Ford Island to the crazy kiosk mall of the International Marketplace or the Rodeo Drive-like luxury shopping of the Royal Hawaiin center.

This hotel has something for everyone, from the multi-hotel beachfront walkway for joggers and walkers, friendly, polite poolside drink and food service, and the exquisite golf across the street at the Ko Olina Golf Club with it's fabulous "Roys" restaurant.

The rooms are very clean and super luxurious with a nice balcony to enjoy the ocean and resort view. The cost of getting to Hawaii justifies paying for the best possible Island experience, and if your destination is Oahu, you will be cheating yourself to buy less.

Room Tip: You'll want to be on the 6th or higher floor to be above the palm trees for the best ocean views...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Waikiki
Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,633 reviews

Been to Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!