“Great for families” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kapolei
Calgary, Canada
“Great for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stay Hawaii a bunch, so the idea of a time share resort was not super appealing, especially after renting houses/condos in the same area before. The stay here though easily exceeded expectations. The kids had a blast, staff was great, and we enjoyed dining at the restaurants for lunch and a couple of dinners. Great job!

Room Tip: Try and get the ocean front rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mountain Home, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful, peaceful, clean, safe....all positive adjectives for this resort. There are many activities to choose from as well and for all ages. I particularly appreciate the gas grills and grilling utensils available to all guests. I grilled steaks and pineapple one evening, purchased a kale salad at a local Food Lion and served it on our balcony with views of the harbor and beach. This is a great option for saving a little money, since eating out gets pricey, and we enjoyed having a nice meal in private. I must end my review so I can take one last leisurely walk along the beach before heading to the airport. I am going to miss this place.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Louise R
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to Marriott Ko Olina. We loved our visit even more this time. Beautiful landscaping, pools and beach areas. We went with another couple and shared a 2br unit. The units had plenty of room and were very nice. Everyone that worked at the resort was very friendly and always happy.

We went to their Superbowl Party to watch the game and had a great time. They really tried to make it fun. Food at the resort was average. We enjoyed Just Tacos and Monkey Pod restaurant that was within walking distance of the resort a lot better. My biggest complaint would be the price of drinks at the resort. The speciality drinks were $10.50. They make a awesome Mai Tai! We went to Walmart and stocked up on beer and spirits and would bring down to the beach or pool with us. As long as it was not glass, they did not seem to mind. Take advantage of Happy Hour between 11-12 am and 3-6 pm. They also have a drink of the day that would be discounted the entire day.

We rented a car and toured the island for a couple of days. We really enjoyed the pineapple ice cream at Dole Plantation and the shrimp trucks on the NE side of the island. Coconut shrimp was the best we have ever eaten. It was very windy, cloudy and occasional rain on that part of the island. I guess that is normal for that time of the year. We would always return to beautiful sunny skies at our resort. Expect a lot of traffic during rush hour so plan your day accordingly.

Our heart still lies in Kauai but we would not hesitate to return here again. Hopefully next time we can bring our kids!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club for 2 days in January 2013 in order to break a trip to Asia. We had stayed at and enjoyed our stay there in January 2012 so we decided to return.

If you wish to see the comprehensive review that we did last year check below. This is really a very nice resort but their parking policy leaves a bad taste.

This is still a first class property but unfortunately parking was not included this time and I was shocked to be $30 PER DAY to self park! Come on Marriott, we are not dealing with downtown New York City or even Waikiki. The property has tons of space and no way can this sort of charge be justified. It is located at a nice secluded beach so having transportation is essential not to get cabin fever during an extended stay.

Unfortunately just another example of of typical Hawaiian business practice of hosing visitors. A Black eye for customer relations Marriott!!

I would suggest you check with the resort about parking changes before book.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank FunOnly
sherwood, oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here 6 nights in early January on business. I'm not a beach club member but am a Marriott Gold. Had a small but nicely appointed room with no ocean view. For the time of year it was fine since it was dark by 6 PM. My whole experience was good except for parking. The desk staff did not want to give me a parking pass but make me use valet parking due to lack of space. I told them that I had no problem with finding a space. I just didnt like being told something that was not true. Otherwise, housekeeping staff was very good and grounds and facility are very nice. This was my 3rd trip to Kapolei in the past 8 months and had stated at the Ihalani before. The beach club has a definite difference in atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank edk_sherwood
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here three nights in a two bedroom unit (Naia Tower) with four adults and one baby. I have stayed in numerous high-end Hawaii properties (including Four Seasons Maui, Four Seasons Manele Bay/Lanai and Fairmont Orchid), and this resort does it right! I knew the reviews were good, but I still thought this would be our "temporary" place to stay before we headed to our "real" vacation on the Big Island. Boy, was I wrong!

I won't go into the details that are covered in numerous previous posts, but here are a few highlights:
- Villa was extremely well equipped, especially with the things that typically "add on" to a vacation like this, such as laundry detergent and a dish soap + sponge
- QUICKLY delivered pack-n-play and highchair, as well as a bath toy for our 1 year old (I hate having to wait upwards of an hour for the baby bed to arrive...this was a pleasant surprise)
- Beach, while man-made, is beautiful; sunsets are fantastic on this side of the island
- Pools are numerous, and offer a little bit of everything. Our one year old particularly liked the lagoon pool that had a beach entry with sand
- Staff was extremely friendly and helpful
- Valet and self-parking was the same price, so we went the valet route; never had to wait more than 3-4 minutes for our car
- I prioritized a high floor, and we ended up on the 8th floor, with a partial ocean view facing the bay and Lagoon 4 (parking garage was also in the view, but being that high up, it didn't matter). We were right next to the elevator, which was fine with us. (Note - white noise machines or apps are great for travel!)
- Tons of resort activities for all interests
- Nice path that winds around the Lagoons in front of all nearby resorts
- Grounds are impeccably maintained
- Villa was extremely clean, even for this germaphobe!

The only potential negative is that we didn't find the on-property and nearby dining to provide as many high-end options as we are accustomed to. However, it was more than adequate, and I have a feeling this area is about to explode with options soon enough.

We can't wait to return when our daughter is a bit older and can enjoy even more of this wonderful property! :-)

Room Tip: Prioritize a high floor so you have a good view from wherever you are located.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This property is very nice and I would return, largely because they have dedicated swim lanes available between 7 to 10 am. The rooms are spacious, quite comfortable, and everyone is very nice and helpful. The location is excellent and it's easy to walk up and down the beach, go jogging, etc. I highly recommend the Ko Olina area. Don't miss using the public parking lot to visit Paradise Cove. But I think the degree to which you'll enjoy your stay depends in part on where you stay in the complex. Just read the other reviews for tips on which rooms to request. I'm noise-sensitive, and all the front ocean-view rooms also overlook the pools and restaurants, all of which play music all day. Not terrible, mind you, but loud enough to be distracting while sitting out on your lanai. if you want a quieter room, ask for the Moana tower, or even consider a room on the back side of one of the buildings high enough to be clear of the parking lots.

Room Tip: We had an ocean-view room in Moana tower. Nice room, but the lanai didn't get sun till after 2...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Waikiki
Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,353 reviews

Been to Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!