“This place is AMAZING!!”

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kapolei
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went here last year for a three week vacation and it was out of this world. It is filled with beauty no matter which way you look. It has a wonderful outdoor pool and hot tub, sells snow cones by the pool, you get a paper every morning listed with the daily activities.....the best part are the lagoons! We went snorkeling in them everyday and always got an amazing view. We had a wonderful breakfast buffet every morning, and saw awesome shows every night. The staff here is wonderful and is always going out of their way to make their guests feel like movie stars! There is lots for the kids to do, and the adults will never be bored either. Overall, this place is amazing and I cannot wait to return! A must see!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an ocean view! You get to sit on your balcony and watch the sunset....amazing...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank J P
There are newer reviews for Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas and it was lovely. It was beautifully decorated for the holidays and they had different shows and events each day/night. We booked for 5 days, and enjoyed it. The breakfast buffet was excellent. What can beat pancakes with coconut syrup right on the ocean? We walked the strip between all of the hotels and enjoyed breakfast at the JW Marriott one day, too.

I got up early each day and enjoyed the gym. I was thoroughly impressed with the amount of equipment that they had- free weights, yoga mats, kettle bells, machines, and cardio equipment. There are several swimming pools here. We didn't even swim in all of them! I couldn't get my husband out of the pool with the waterfalls. The beachfront always had chairs and the lagoon is nice and calm. We saw children from 2+ with their families. We ordered from their outdoor bar for drinks and the prices were decent. We had dinner at both restaurants and while the steak place was a little pricey, it was very good and, again, a beautiful view. They have a nice gift shop that has a Starbucks. Also, they have free laundry on a few of the floors. The staff was impeccable; all of Hawaii has great service and this Marriott is no different.

Our room had a great view and was nicely appointed. However, I could hear the child next door a few times at around 9am each morning. I am not sure if she was sitting right next to the door that would connect the rooms or just yelling her head off, but nevertheless I could hear her.

Negatives: Our room was not cleaned as I guess it is not suppose to be unless you pay the extra charge which I refused to do. Parking was ridiculous- $30/night. The snacks in the gift shop were outrageously priced; compared to what we pay for the snacks at the JW Cancun, I was disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsHermesMA
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at the Ko Olina the first week in October. We rented a 2 room suite and it was fabulous!!! The room was big with plenty of room for all 8 of us.We had a master bedroom with a king size bed, flat screen tv,bathtub and a seperate area with a shower and toilet.There was another bedroom with a queen size bed and a hide a bed with a full bathroom. The kitchen and dining room were "Full size".(All 8 of us could sit around the dining room table.)There was a big flatscreen TV in the Living room. The resort was very clean and everyone was very friendly.
We spent most days at the beach and it was very nice. The water was a little cloudy but it was calm for the kids.We walked down the beach and found some sea turtles hanging out. It was so amazing getting to swim with them. My 6 year old Grandson got to snorkel with sea turtles...How amazing for him!!! His first time snorkeling and it was with big sea turtles an experience he will never forget! We went to Northshore and surfed with Uncle Bryan (Sunset Suratt Surf Academy)and they did a fantastic job teaching everyone to surf. We also did the Dolfin sailboat trip. There was a mix up when it was booked so when we got there they did not have our names on the list (even though we had our receipt and confirmation). The boat was booked so they took us back to the resort and we were not happy. They were able to get us on for the following day and gave us a good discount. I guess it was suppose to be, when we got there the boat only had a total of 12 people on it.(I think they usually have around 40) The Captain Dustin and the other crew members, Kellie and Yoda did a great job making it fun for the Grandsons. They got to help put the sail up and got to "drive" the boat! We didn't see any dolfins and only got to see one turtle but it was a good trip.
So to sum it up...We love Hawaii and I hope that we can go back soon!!! Marriott Ko Olina is a perfect place to stay with kids!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank beachoceanfunsun
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a great place to stay - away from the crowds of Honolulu - very relaxing. We had a beautiful one bedroom unit. Very spacious - nice balcony, kitchen area, bedroom. Very quiet. There are many amenities to the resort - pools, beach areas, small shop, restaurants. All of the staff we encountered were courteous and helpful.
Other reviews I read talked about all the kids at the resort. While it is a family centered resort, my wife and I had a great time. We were not overrun by kids. Although present, it was never a problem for us.
We did a time share exchange for our week and were not bothered by sales pitches. We had first class service throughout our stay.
I highly recommend this resort. And there are beautiful sunsets.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tomc317
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family stayed at this resort over New Year's. It was our favorite vacation to date. Everything was outstanding. The Luao Fia Fia was fantastic. The Condo floor plan was perfect. The pools were incredible. The one thing that was disappointing was the fact that you could not surf at this property. The Lagoon was great for children and very safe.

Room Tip: The condo had the most efficient floor plan.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JerryEledge
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here for a week with a family member who is a time share owner. The resort and it's property are beautiful, well manicured landscaping and very clean grounds. The resort is in a small area that has other resorts, a golf course and a few shops. It sits on one of four man-made lagoons in Ko Olina. The lagoon is nice for swimmming as they have rocks that break the (sometimes) large waves. My only disappointment in the location is that it's all manmade, it's not natural Hawaiian beauty. Also, there is NO nightlife on the resort property, a short walk towards the cluster of shops has some restaurants with bars, but I don't know if they're open late (past 10pm). The property has 2 restaurants, one steak/seafood place and one casual place. The whole area caters to tourists, but the lagoons are public and anyone can use them, but the resort pool is area is only guests. The area and walkway along all the lagoons felt safe, even at night. Our room was a 2 BR, 2 BA villa with an ocean view. Great room, large, clean and had everything we needed, including a dishwasher and washer/dryer. Housekeeping only comes once during the week to refill things and do some light cleaning. I was disaapointed in how little plates.glasses/utensils the room had. There 4 of us in the unit and we had to wash dishs nearly everyday. There's also some tupperware and poys/pans, spatulas in the unit, which came in handy. Overall, the hotel was nice, I didn't pay for it so I'm not sure if it was a good value. If you're after natural hawaiian beauty, you might want to consider elsewhere, but the place is clean, quiet, safe and away from the Waikiki crowds.
I don't recommend the Fia Fia show. I feel it was overpriced ($99). It seemed to have more audience participation than expert performance. It was run by what I understand is an actual chief of some sorts, who involves children a lot. The food was good, is served buffet style and there was a variety and children type foods, but no traditional luau foods like a pig. Each person is given 2 drink tickets and this counts for alcoholic/NA drinks, so pace yourself for the 1.5 hours the show lasts. This show did not scream authentic to me (guitars and Elvis). A local recommended the night show at the polynesian cultural center for authenticity, but is at least an hours drive from the resort. The Fia Fia show did have a nice intimate feeling as the crowd is small, but it's on the grass in the middle of the resort so anyone on their balcony or in the lobby balcony could view the show. If you hang out arounf 745 pm, you'll see the fire portion, which was the best part.
I'd recommend walking through the Disney Resort at night, very nice and seems to have a lot of activity going on.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mschuh03
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This resort is quite easy to get to from the airport although depending on the time of day, the drive can be a little hairy. We had excellent service in all the different places on the resort. The 2 bedroom villa we had was very well furnished and comfortable. There are a lot of pools to choose from although one in particular popular with the kids was always in the shade. The beach is fantastic and especially good for the little kids without worrying about big waves.
our only complaint is the skimpy children's programs at this resort. The fireworks on New Year's eve were absolutely the best we have ever experienced!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor not overlooking a parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SusanM643
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#7 of 84 in Honolulu
Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort

Been to Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!