“Great Rooms, BEST pool EVER!!!”

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kapolei
Los Angeles, California
“Great Rooms, BEST pool EVER!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The check in is easy. The staff is friendly and easy going. The resort has three unique pools, and one is super kid friendly and has a fun water slide that my 5 yo son loved. Guests can also use the dining options at the neighboring JW Marriott Resort and sign the charges onto their room. It's nice not needing to cart your wallet everywhere. The kids club is awesome too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
vancouver
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Ko olina Beach Club for 5 days and it was absolutely wonderful. The hotel grounds are beautiful and very kid friendly. Check in was very smooth and we stayed in the Naia building, in a 2 Br suite. The staff was great. Everyone was friendly and courteous. In each room, we had a king size bed and it was really comfortable. The sofa pull out bed was not very comfortable but after we lined it with duvet and the bed cover, our 6 year old found it quite comfortable. The kitchen was equipped with everything! Small dish detergent was provided and also dishwasher powder samples. The pots/pans, cups, dishes and utensils provided were clean and in wonderful condition. My kids LOVED swimming in the lagoon. The water was very calm. They especially loved the waterfall pool. I was also impressed that they had air compressors by the beach towel huts! I didn't have to blow up my daughter's inflatable ring by mouth. We really enjoyed the Welina Mai show on Monday 5pm. It was short hula/fire presentation. We had dinner at Longboard's and it was great. We watched the sunset and it was amazing. The kahula pig sandwich was yummy. We took the free shuttle to JW marriott to fishfeed... checked out JW's rayfish, hammersharks, starfish.. Disney Aulani has a little small fish aquarium by their poolsides. We also checked out the Hawaiian Barbeque in the small mall near the hotel. Very reasonable prices and good food. The loco moco was good so was the fried mahi mahi. Compared to the other resorts, Marriott Beach Club is a beautiful blend of JW/Aulani. Spacious, kid friendly, beautiful amenities, kid activities, beautiful beach... This resort was absolutely paradise. A perfect mix of Maui/Oahu. We had a rental car and drove out to different parts of the island. We were so happy to return back to our paradise everyday. We would definitely come back to the Marriott Ko olina Beach Club in a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you're looking to get away from the noise of Honulul, go out to the Marriot Beach Club. They have their own private beach to while away the time. If you want to walk or hike, there's a great path that will take you to other hotels and restaurants in Ko'Olina. The rooms are excellent, with there own mini kitchen. The balcony view toward to the ocean or pool is great. My wife and I spent much of the mornings of our one week stay, sitting on the balcony drinking Kona coffee and eating fruit we bought at the local market. The hawaian show on Monday afternoons is great and a good taste of what you can experience at the Luau that are sponsored by the hotel. It's a great place for kids. My wife and I want to bring our grand children here. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Do not let the hotel book you a room with a view of the power plant toward the Ko'Olina marina...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2012

As many of the other reviews have already mentioned, this property is beautiful with plenty of amenities. It has a great "Hawaii" feel to it! It was alot less busy than the nights we spent on Waikiki Beach. Several lagoon options and 3 different pools. There is also a small store to buy souvenirs and a little groceries if needed. Great for kids and families! There is a shopping center within 5-10 miles of the property that has a Walmart, Costco, Target, etc. This is great if you want to avoid going out to eat every meal. We booked a 2 bedroom villa, which came with 2 king beds, 2 bathrooms, a small kitchen, and a living room (with a fold out bed in the couch). Plenty of room for our family of 5.

My only compliant (although a major one) with this property is that there is virtually no recognition/benefits for elite members. I had seen this in other reviews, and now I wish that I had stayed at their other property down the road (JW Marriott). I have Gold status with Marriott (which isn't a huge accomplishment, I know), but unfortunately this meant nothing at this property. Not that I'm an elitist and feel that every stay that I have with Marriott needs to provide every single benefit as a elite member, but this property did not fulfill any of my simple requests. Early check-in? nope. Upgrades available? nope. Switch to oceanview room? nope. Late check-out? nope. It was as if this wasn't even a Marriott property, and the staff's response was pretty rude with the requests. "We never let anyone stay past 11am". The worst part about it is we booked a "mountain view" room, which turned out to be a "parking garage" view. I wasn't even able to see the sky from our room...just a bunch of cars. Nice job, Marriott, on taking care of your most loyal customers. Next time, I'll be booking down the street.

Room Tip: Watch out for "mountain view" rooms...it could turn out to be a "parking garage"...
5 Thank Nora B
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We are disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club. The resort is not a typical hotel experience and provides guests with many additional amenities, services, activities and luxury villa accommodations. While a typical hotel check-in is at 4 pm and check-out at noon, cleaning a 2-bedroom/2 bathroom villa with a full kitchen requires additional time to ensure each unit is cleaned to the highest Marriott standards. Please contact our Customer Care office via email at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384 so that we can personally address your concerns.
Ontario, California
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The resort is very nice. Great pools, beach, gym etc... Nice big rooms, but the housekeeping service is below par. They do not clean the bathrooms daily, replenish any of the amenities such as soap and shampoo. The linens are not Marriott qulaity. Pillows were horrible.

The service was average, resturant staff was nice but hotel staff was so so.

3 Thank Tanaug
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was probably my worst Marriott experience worldwide. I read reviews ahead of time and I am kicking myself for not heeding the post of another Marriott elite patron who said they had nearly 1000 nights. (I have 400 nights) You will not get upgraded at this resort if it saved your life. Single beds occur in every room - not 1 room in the entire hotel has 2 actual beds. If you need 2 beds for kids, etc it is loathsome uncomfortable sofa pull outs, again, even suites only have 1 actual bed. 3 of 5 nights I had to close my window due to cigarette smoke-front desk did nothing. Finally, the front desk relocated us to a much lower floor and offered a $50 credit. Room soaps and shampoo are the absolute cheapest in the entire Marriott chain. Linens are not changed daily. Again, if you are Marriott Elite other advisors and my advice ... JW :).

Room Tip: If you are Platinum elite with Marriott - do not stay here, do not stay here, do not stay here. JW...
11 Thank DougUtah
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We have been owner's since KoOlina opened. This year 22 members of our family visited and stayed in all 3 buildings. Our grandkids really loved the place - more than I ever expected.

My daugther and her family were originally going to stay with us, but she chose to get her own unit. She was in Building 3 and had a corner unit overlooking the Pacific. They loved the water slide, and the lava pools. Now she even looked into purchasing her own unit.

My son and his family loved the place also, and snorkeled most every beach around O'ahu. They were on the go all of the time.

Great place for families. Oh by the way. Don't pass up the FiaFia night. It is really a great, great time.

Mahalo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Waikiki
Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#5 of 84 in Honolulu
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku

Been to Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!