“Great Location for a Time Share Holiday”

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kapolei
Portland, Oregon
“Great Location for a Time Share Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

We spent a wonderful week at this time-share property in April. The suite rooms were spacious and clean with beautiful ocean views from the Lanai balcony. Swimming and other activities great for kids although we did not travel this time with kids. There is Marriott hotel on the same property in which we have also stayed which is great.
The location is great as it is close to Honolulu if you want to go and isolated enough to be extremely relaxing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

We got a one bedroom penthouse suite for our family of four. We have 2 girls 7 & 9. The room was amazing. It had a full kitchen, spacious living / dining area and a huge bathroom with separate tub and shower. The beds were great. King size in the bedroom and an incredible sleeper sofa that had a solid plywood base when you pulled it out. It was very comfortable - really. They provided us with a rollaway and our niece came and stayed with us too.

The grounds are spectacular. They have several different pools for all different age groups - from little kids to adults - and they are all incredible in their own way. One is shallow with a sand bottom like a lagoon leading into the pool, and another has a great water slide and tunnels. There is a great ocean lagoon right there too. Boredom was never a problem.

The part I liked the most was that they didn't over charge us at the little store they have. I needed flip flops and they were $10. Big bottled waters were $2.50. They had fresh fruit and great salads for sale all very reasonably priced.

This place was a winner!

1 Thank mvsteve
Honolulu, HI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had our first "staycation" here for 3 nights. There were 4 adults & twin 1 year olds & we stayed in a 1 bedroom villa. There was more than enough room for all of us. We had a full kitchen with dishwasher, and a washer/dryer in our unit. We took advantage of all the amenities in our room, as well as used the gas grill right outside our building. The pools, kids playground & lagoon offered several options for us to keep our twins content.

We will definitely be enjoying another staycation there one day!

1 Thank DaLumZ
LACubsfan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband, two kids ages 2 and 11, along with my friend as our babysitter stayed here at the end of July in a 2 bedroom villa. It was a fantastic place to stay and the villa was plenty big for all of us. The hotel provided a nice clean pack n play and high chair which was very helpful.

The kitchen supplied pretty much everything you need for cooking quick meals. My kids were happy to have a "home cooked" meal every other night or so. I did wish a few basic items were included such as salt and pepper, cooking oil, foil, etc. Otherwise, it really was such a great convenience to have. The Safeway, Target, Costco and Longs Drugs, and many other stores are just a short drive away and the bell hops are great for helping you bring up all your groceries. I was always glad to tip because they were so nice.

The beachs and pools were fabulous. The lagoon was always clean and not very crowded, but we spent the most time at the pools simply because there was so much to do. The water slide, volleyball net, basketball hoop, and lagoon pool were great fun. My 2 year old loved the shallow water in the lagoon pool.

We only ate once at Chuck's and Longboards. The food at both were just decent, but the service was very friendly and nice. I regret not being able to try Roy's, but I suggest leaving the property for food, especially if you're looking for good local cuisine.

The Fia Fia show was unfortunately canceled shortly after dinner due to rain, which I was really sad about. The chief was so funny and entertaining and we were really looking forward to a great show. The food was good, so at least we were able to enjoy that.

My family will definitely return to the Beach Club in the future.

1 Thank LACubsfan
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at this resort for a week with my friend’s parents who own a here. The location is absolutely beautiful (with waterfalls and fountains) and the layout is spacious and gorgeous. The facility and grounds are kept immaculately groomed and well kept. There is a wide array of scheduled activities daily (some of which you have to pay for). The lobby also serves fresh fruit and citrus water (but I’m not sure if this is every day).

Our timeshare was a clean, spacious and well-kept. It had a flat screen TV in the common living room as well as both bedrooms, a full kitchen (refrigerator, stove, oven, and dishwasher) as well as a small washer dryer (bring your own clothes detergent as they only provide a small sample pack). The rooms also had free wifi, which was a great added bonus. We had a balcony that overlooked the marina and parking lot, which I personally did not care about since I don’t spend much time in my room when I’m on vacation.

I didn’t try any of the restaurants. Since our timeshare had a full kitchen, we went to the Costco and Safeway (a short 8 minute drive away) and purchased food to cook. A great tip is to make use of the communal BBQs located outside where you can bring your food to grill. Everyone at the resort was great with making sure they cleaned up after themselves with the grills. Plus, you can buy a lot of fresh marinated tuna and other local dishes at Costco and Safeway. It was great trying all the different local foods for a fraction of the price compared to restaurants.

I did try the shaved ice which was sold beside the towel stand. It’s nothing special but they had a wide variety of different flavors and seemed to be popular in Hawaii so thought I would try it. It turns to a slushee pretty quickly in the warm weather if you don’t eat it quickly. Lol.

The pool area is great. There are many different pools for different purposes. They have a pool that offers lap swimming until 10am. After that, the pool is for free use (I typically saw kids and parents in that pool which I presume is because that pool is the closest to the showers and washrooms). There is a pool adjacent that is for adults only. That pool tends to be quieter. There is also a whirlpool. Then if you walk down the path closer to the hotel, there are several other pools also. One has a sand bottom entry and a shallow playing area for kids. The other pool had a slide (I think it was for kids only, I didn’t check), several waterfalls, a cave and meandering water paths. Both these pools are covered by a lot of greenery and decorated to look ‘natural’. Basically, there are many different pool and swimming options to suit everyone!

The shower area is also great. There is a steam room and sauna for use along with two decent size showers with hot water. They also have lockers for day use as well as towels and hair dryers. We checked out at 11am on our last day but our flight wasn't until 10pm so they gave us temporary keycards so we could use the showers and gym for the day. Great service!

The beachfront lagoon was the best. I hung out here the entire time. There are plenty of lounge chairs provided and it was never crowded. At most, you have some noisy kids running around and tossing a football around. You can rent unlimited towels at the towel hut as long as you show your wristband. This was great because you can get more than one towel at a time, unlike at the Mexican all-inclusive resorts. The rocks in the lagoon help break up the waves which makes for easier swimming. The water was slightly chilly for the end of June timeframe but you quickly adjust and it feels refreshing since it’s so warm outside.

We went to the Fia Fia luau, which we got discounted tickets for attending the timeshare presentation. I’m not knocking the Fia Fia luau but there are definitely better ones you can attend in Oahu. This one was at our resort and we had cheap tickets so it was the easiest for us. There was a good variety of food and it included all the traditional ones for a luau but it was nothing special. The show was pretty entertaining and the host was hilarious.

The gym is great, by the way. All the exercise machines looked fairly new and are top of the line. There is a decent number of ellipticals, treadmills and spin bikes. Each machine had its own TV screen which I totally loved. It was never overly busy there and I never had to wait for a machine. In addition to the exercise machines, they also had weights (both weight machines and free weights) and exercise balls and mats.

Keep in mind that because this is a timeshare, not a hotel, they only come once a week to change your towels and clean your room. Don’t expect daily service like at a hotel.

The resort is remote and out of the way as it is in a private gated community and not located close to anything. If you want to go to Honolulu and other tourist attractions, you definitely need a rental car to get around. But that is the compromise you make to stay at a resort with a private beach and pools. The drive to Honolulu takes about 40 minutes but during rush hour, it can get quite congested so be prepared.

They are currently building the new Disney resort next to the Marriott so you hear construction noises during the day and some of the walking paths are closed due to construction.

Overall, I had a great vacation here and I wish I could come back every year!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank Esther K
Gilroy, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

The new tower has the best views of all. Had a great time with our 10 year old sun at the new pool which has a water slide. Clean property with great amenities. It just keeps getting better.

Room Tip: Ask for tower 3. For a great view stay on floor 10 and up