“More disappointing than our last visit.”
Review of Makahiki

Makahiki
Ranked #9 of 139 Restaurants in Kapolei
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We visited Makahiki last year. There wasn't a lot of dishes I liked there but there was a couple I really liked so we returned for a couple of nights during our stay. At this time we felt it was over-priced for what we enjoyed. We visited Makahiki early this month to celebrate my daughters birthday at Aulani and I was left disappointed and felt like I had spent way too much money on next to nothing. There was no stand out dish that made me want to return again. I really hope they work on the Makahiki menu as the restaurant has a great atmosphere, its a shame the food doesn't make it even more appealing.

There are newer reviews for Makahiki

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I had the breakfast buffet almost every morning of our stay at Aulani. It was a little pricey but the selection was wonderful. The food was fresh, warm and tasty. We usually at so much that we didn't really need lunch. We had dinner there one night and again, it was a wonderful selection. Great wait staff too!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good but expensive. Generous amount of fish at the buffets, which was consistent and tasty. I think the value depends on what you choose. It was probably worth $45 for dinner if you really like sashimi.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great buffet with a variety of choices for everyone. The service is great. It is a warm welcoming atmosphere. Breakfast with the Disney characters is fun for all ages.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Aulani Resort is beautiful and now that I've explored the property, I hope to stay there one day. Since we already had a place to stay and Disney points to spend, we decided to spend the points towards breakfast. Unfortunately, we went to the Character Breakfast Buffet. The food was great and there was a wide variety of things to satisfy everyone. My favorite was the kalua pork hash! I never liked hash, but this hash was wonderful. Think I need to find a recipe and make it at home. Anyway, I say unfortunately because the Character Breakfast Buffet was $32.00 each, cheaper for those under 10! I had enough points to cover one meal and we shelled out for the other. It was worth the experience, but we wished we had lunch there instead....without characters. It is a wonderful thing for children, they all participated, sang along and got their picture taken with their favorite Disney Character.

1  Thank Visit2013