“Excellent place for apps and watching the sunset”
Review of AMA Ama

AMA Ama
Ranked #3 of 144 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Time your dinner reservation with the setting of the sun and you will find yourself prepped for an amazing view of the ocean, palm trees and setting sun.
Food is average priced for the area and a Disney resort. Menu items feature the fare of the island with some interesting presentations.
We were there for cocktails and appetizers. The tuna poke and sharing sampler were a great start to our night.
Ocean breezes, an ecotini, and tuna not a bad way to start your evening

Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have to say, it didn't have the best Hawaiian food, but it was pretty darn close. The service was the best in O'ahu, heck, the best in Hawaii. It had a beautiful view and a great location. Like I said, it didn't have the best food, although the tuna was great, but it had amazing desserts. Even better, it's stays up late, very late. My plane flew in at 8:30, and we got to the hotel at 9:15. We went down to 'ama'ama, had a great dinner, and went back to our bedroom. We ate their a total of five times during our 7 day, 6 night trip, and I'll tell you one thing: I didn't get tired of it one bit. Actually, when we were on the plane back home, my mouth began to water just thinking of 'ama'ama.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We decided to try Ama Ama on our last night at Aulani as it is their signature restaurant. The restaurant has a great vibe to it, and it has a wonderful view of the Ko Olina bay at Sunset.
Our server Hoku was very friendly, although at times getting our drinks refilled seemed a bit slow. My wife ordered the Maple Cider glazed chicken ($33) and I ordered the rack of lamb ($46).
I’ve read a lot of reviews where people have complained about the quality of the food not matching the price that you pay. Honestly, I’d have to firmly disagree. I thought the food was great, had great flavor and was prepared to our liking. The quantity on the other hand is another story. Ama Ama is a classic example of an expensive restaurant giving you much smaller portion sizes than you would expect to get for the price you pay. Kids meals come with a dessert, but they are a hefty $13 per meal…tough call to make if you have a finicky eater, which most kids are.
Overall, I’ll recommend Ama Ama as long as you’re aware that you’ll be splurging and not to expect the price to match the quantity. The food is definitely over priced. You are paying it because you’ve got the ocean view, and it’s Disney, who feels they can upcharge you on just about anything because they know you will pay for it anyway.

3  Thank jrobba
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife, son and I had enjoyed Christmas dinner there in 2012. We made reservation weeks ahead of time to be sure to get a 6pm seating. Prices are expensive, but worth it. I had a seafood curry plate that was just awesome. The view is of the beach, since it sits at the edge of the property. I honestly have nothing bad to say about our dinner there.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch and the food very good. I had the riblet appetizer and tthey were very tender. I had the special corn chowder and shrimp salad bacon sandwich. The chowder was the best thing and thw sandwicj veey good. My jisband has the pasta and said ot was excellent. The only thing keeping me from giving it 5 was the service. Waiter was slow to approach after we were seated our table to take our order. One thing that bigs me is to get your appetizer and 5 minties later is to ger your meal before you can finish it. The person bringing it out looked surprised when I told her we jist got our appetizer. Over all would recommend it.

1  Thank TheTexasQueen