“Ossa bucco devine!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Quiet weekday dinner spent with family at nice Italiano restorante! Ossa bucco was melt in your mouth and bone marrow tasty. Fresh bread always a big hit with my gang! Pasta and parmigiana dishes are generously portioned for us seniors.

There are newer reviews for Assaggio

Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's nice to have a pretty good Italian restaurant in Kapolei and Assaggio is still about the same as it's known reputation. Menu/type food has been consistent over the years. Prices went up but that's to be expected. The staff seems pleasant...I don't recall anyone outstanding personality-wise...just cordial/efficient as they should be. I'd frequent this restaurant more if I didn't have to watch my diet and if I didn't become a whole head of garlic myself after eating their dishes.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Hawaii is the only place where I have seen calamari steaks like this. Over a half inch thick, and over 4" around. Very tender and tasty. My wife had this parmigiana style and I had it scampi style. Both were very good. Get the large portion and you should have some leftovers. They keep well and make a yummy appetizer the next day.

Prices were reasonable, especially for the portions and being in Hawaii.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

2nd time here.... restaurant going down hill. Food is OK this time around. Ordered a filet mignon with prawn pasta, ask to have the filet mignon medium rare... when it arrived, part of the steak was medium rare, the other medium well, not exactly sure how or why but it did. Asked to have it replaced and properly done, waiter said, they'll refund us as it is not the restaurant policy to replace the 'steak only'. Asked the waiter... 'what policy is that?' - Couldn't explain. Asked the manager to explain it to us...never showed up. If you're thinking of coming here, I would try elsewhere. It's a poor customer experience.

2  Thank mjbcmjbc
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent service, excellent wines and reasonable prices. Choice of portion sizes and the half portions make a satisfying meal.