“First Luau”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic luau setting
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was my family's first ever luau and we were not disappointed. We were able to get tickets at a discount. Google search for that. :)

I really appreciated the free transportation as I do not like to drive in areas I am unfamiliar with plus with the 2 free alcoholic beverages I wanted to relax.

We really enjoyed the entertainment. My son joined in the all male hula review and won a t-shirt and a fresh flower lei! :)
Myself, my daughter and my friend's daughter all joined in the hula lessons. I love a show that gets the audience involoved. There was a couple that just got married that day and attended in her wedding dress. They were invited on stage and had a "first dance". So sweet. Overlooking the ocean with a spectaular sunset right before the show starts. I would bring a sweater as the wind coming off the ocean can be cool.

The food was pretty good. I tried a little of everything and it was all delish. I was very surprised that I liked the lomi lomi salmon as I am not a salmon fan,

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The food on the buffet was very good & a wide variety to choose. There was chicken, pork, seafood & beef. Also, an excellent potato macaroni salad. There was sliced fresh pineapple on the table to eat before the meal. The Luau was very entertaining & performed excellent. There was audience participation & that was fun to watch also. I thought the singing was great. I had the Blue Hawaii drink & it was very good. I would definitely recommend going to this Luau & Dinner.

2  Thank Suzann47
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The shows change often enough that repeat visitors can enjoy a new experience.
By the end of the show, every member of the family had been on stage. I was the 'tourist finale.' All family members where laughing from my antics.
Very much enjoyed how the M.C. pointed out what was fun and 'movie Hawaii' and what was custom and historical.

1  Thank Stewfoot
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Taken at face value as a neutral observer, it is kinda lame. The show is over-produced. The lady singer reminds me of Amarie, the 4 armed bar singer who helped Riker find the Fat Ferengi in Star Trek-The Next Generation. And the culture is over emphasized like seeing people in liederhosen at some German Ocktoberfest somewhere in the US midwest.

But with that said, if you go as a tourist, aren't looking for a 5 star meal, you go looking to have fun, and let your inhibitions down, you will have a fun evening.

I went there via a Roberts tour bus, got picked up at my Waikiki hotel, and that went smoothly. Slight delay in getting there because the H1 was closed down because 0bama was going somewhere (adding another reason to not like the guy).

They take your picture on the beach and try to sell it to you later. Not a big push tho.
You can sit at picnic tables to watch, or sit on the sand (with mats) about 18 inches off the ground to get more of a luau feel I guess. Wife and I did that, wasn't too bad to do that, and doing that puts you in the "front row".

Food was buffet style, plenty there, and I had little dabs of everything. It all tasted good. Got 3 drink tickets, they were fine.

The entertainment was fine. Various dancing and swinging stuff around. Had fire knives which was kinda cool. Also had opportunities for the audience to get up on stage and dance. Good times to go act silly with and in front of a bunch of people you don't know.

I didn't feel cheated out of my money. Haven't been to any others, so I don't know if they are better. Look, if you are uptight, prim and proper, or just want to watch a dinner and a show, there are probably better options for you. But if you want to go do something you won't ever get a chance to do in Peoria or Boise give it a whirl.

1  Thank Herdcyclone
Reviewed December 26, 2013

it was great - we enjoyed every minute of it - the food was good - the show was great and i tell everyone i know going to oahu to go to germaines