“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Germaine's Luau

Germaine's Luau
Ranked #27 of 133 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic luau setting
Denver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I was literally hit twice by another guest because the seating is tight on the low tables and my body touched hers. I'm a 55 year old disabled woman. She kicked sand at my daughter when the manager asked to speak to her. The manager did nothing and I left the table and waited for my bus to board. The worst experience ever!!!!

• Visited May 2013

Seattle, Washington
“A little...lackluster”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am sad to say we were a little disappointed with our luau experience. I was really looking forward to our family and friends enjoying this experience together but it seemed a little, well blah. Though I must say the dancers were in great shape and seemed to enjoy their part in entertaining us, but the food was just so-so.

Visited May 2013
Maryland
“Best Luau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've been to three luau on Oahu and one each on Kauai, Big Island, and Maui. The one on Maui was the best, but this one is the best on Oahu. You will find discounts at hawaiidiscount.com. They have a full bar and your ticket comes with 3 alcoholic drinks. The food is delicious and plentiful. It sits along the beach so you can get some nice pictures. The entertainment is good as well and it's on a stage that's elevated and looks very professionally done. The only thing I say is that buses and traffic I felt a bit rushed when I go there, finding a seat, getting a drink, getting situated and the show was already starting. I know it's just a preshow type of entertainment but I still wanted to enjoy. The staff is really friendly and makes you feel welcome.

• Visited August 2012
Morristown, New Jersey
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

If you book through hawaiidiscount.com, this is the cheapest luau you will find in Kapolei. The others asked for way too much money ($88+ for adults), so for a family of four, you can spend close to $400 for a luau. I spent half that amount and had a great time. The three alcoholic drinks that come with your paid ticket are nowhere near watered down. I was shocked. Soda is unlimited, which is a plus. I enjoyed learning how their ancestors cooked underground by using lava rocks. They had the audience watch a reenactment of the natives' uncovering a 12-hour cooked pig, which they served at the buffet. It was tasty, but a bit salty, so you can't eat too much of it. I really liked their chicken and beef dishes. The cole slaw had bits of pineapple in it, so I just removed them and it was fine. There's white rice and one more side dish to the buffet, and then, dessert, which was chocolate or white sponge cake with frosting. The menu was simple, the entertainment was funny, and the dancers, both male and female, were very professional. I loved that the location was on the beach. I didn't realize it beforehand, so wear comfortable clothing and sandals. You'll be sitting on picnic tables, which are placed right on the sand. It was a really good time.

• Visited April 2013
Santa Maria, California, United States
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a must do for your trip. Buses pick you up in Honolulu and you travel in air conditioned comfort with a knowledgable tour guide to their site. Our tour guide, Cousin Kii, was wonderful. The show is great and the food was varied and all delicious. All the soda you want and 3 alcholic drinks apiece. You are bound to make friends that will use your drink chits if you are not a drinker!! Pricey but a night to remember.

• Visited April 2013