“Aulani Resort”

Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kapolei
Reviewed October 30, 2013

spent the Columbus Discover day weekend at Aulani. Was the first time there. The room was nice for a family of 4. However the beds for some reason are high. We had the buffet the first night and it was good.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank twongHonolulu
Write a ReviewReviews (5,510)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

1) Stake out your chairs early in the day. The best ocean views or chairs by the pools get taken early. 2) Buy your shave ice elsewhere. Aulani's shave ice was a major disappointment--small portions at high cost, and we had much tastier shave ice elsewhere. Opt for the Mickey Premium ice cream bars instead. 3) We bring some food with us so we can enjoy pineapple, papaya, etc. whenever we want during the day. 4) Even if you're just with adults, do some of the kid activities. A movie outside, electronic menehune hunt, etc. are very fun. On our last visit I got a cold, and I checked out a Disney movie and watched it while I rested. 5) Check out all the original Hawaiian art. It is easy to just walk by all of it, but pause and enjoy. Beautiful!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CLC48
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I had the best vacation ever at Aulani! I seriously cannot say one negative thing about our stay. The room was great, the service staff went above and beyond, the food was to die for and the amenities were superb! We can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: Don't spend extra for an ocean view. We had a partial ocean view room and the view of the water...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 days here. We were so happy here, from the checkin to the pools, to the beach! The kids ages, 16,12, & 6 all enjoyed their selves. We loved that there were lifeguards everywhere! And the Disney character breakfast is a must. We all enjoyed that! We stayed in a villa & it was cleaned 2 x a day! Very polite staff! Oy complaint is food prices!

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank kventura
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from our 2nd stay at Aulani and were blown away for a 2nd time. The newest property enhancements (pool/splash area/grotto) were all fantastic. And the level of service exceeded expectations again. A special thanks to Mike the bellman from Boston... My dive company forgot me at the hotel the morning of my dive and Mike went out of his way to personally drive me to Waianae Harbor to meet my dive boat.

Can't wait to come back next year!!! :)

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank WS13
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had been to Hawaii one other time prior to this however this was by far the best time I've had out here. Aulani is absolutely beautiful. They fully embraced and respected the Hawaiian culture and there are only subtle hints that this is a Disney property. The Staff is amazing and everyone treated us (me and 2 other friends) with the utmost respect and courtesy. The rooms were clean, well laid out and had accommodations for more people than I thought. I spent 6 days and by the 4th day, the staff had gotten to know us by name. Very very impressive. The property is well maintained and the activities are great. I look forward to the day I can return here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I brought our twin 3 year olds. I can't think of a better place for anyone to bring their family. Well done in all aspects. Already booking the trip for next year. Aunty's Beach House is perfect so we couple have alone time and the kids loved it their. PERFECT!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Hampton Inn & Suites Oahu/Kapolei
Pagoda Hotel
Pagoda Hotel
#71 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!