Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
5,627 results
All reviewslazy riverama amaaunty's beach housedvc memberscharacter breakfastbedroom villawater slidesulu cafecast membersrainbow reefoff the hookkids clubscavenger huntstarlit huimickey mouseacross the streetcommunity room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Welcome home! Facilities, quality, friendliness, service - 10, 10, 10, 10. From arrival to departure we were really made to feel special. Midway through day 1 wife lost 70% of a tooth (nothing to do with Aulani) and Linda of Concierge went all out to help. Then random encounters with Stitch, Goofy, Mickey and others created a magical holiday. Overpowering? Not at all. Disney characters wandered the property but weren't in your face. The staff were fantastic and made us feel very welcome, always greeting with a smile and prepared for a short conversation if engaged. Top shelf resort and well worth the distance from Honoluu. The hotel eateries were the only issue for us as with renovations completing, not all options were available hence prices for a family were a bit high BUT just over the road the shopping centre well and truly made up for that. The pizza corner is a must!

Room Tip: Pool view suggested. Garden view can have an added car park view at no extra cost :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Honestly, this is probably one of the best places we've stayed. The resort is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are reasonably sized, the pools and slides are great, and the setting is gorgeous. We visited the Aulani for the last 4 nights of our 10 night Hawaii family vacation. If you're considering visiting more than one island or more than one resort - I highly recommend you visit here last, especially if you are traveling with children. They will never want to leave!!

We are parents who love spending time with our kids, but after 6 days of family time, we really appreciated Auntie's Beach House. Our kids were begging to go there every day and just really enjoyed it! Auntie's offers both free play time and scheduled activities. Both are a lot of fun, but our kids really enjoyed the different scheduled activities (Stitch's Space Goo was their favorite!). These are all included in your room price, but get there early to schedule if you hope to get in. Auntie's opens at 9am each day (I believe), but the line starts before 8am to register for the special activities, including lunch and dinner. I was normally in line around 8am each day and was able to get into most activities that we wanted, but a few were already full by the time I made it to the front of the line. We also signed the kids up for Chip n Dale's Surfing Party - and the kids loved it!! We registered for that a month or so in advance to ensure we had a spot. I did hear someone in line trying to get in, but it was completely full - so book early if you intend to register your kids for the paid activities.

I think what we really enjoyed about the Aulani was the opportunity to spend some amazing time with the kids (at the pools, slides, beach, etc.), but also the chance to have some couples time. My husband and I were able to enjoy a couples dinner on each of our 4 nights there! On 2 of the nights, we registered the kids for dinner at Auntie's Beach House; on the other 2 nights, we ordered salads while the kids ate their meals, then we took them back to Auntie's while we enjoyed the rest of our meal.

Ama Ama Restaurant has really good food and is right on the beach. The Makahiki Buffet was fine for a buffet, but not spectacular. We did enjoy the character breakfast at the Makahiki one morning and that was a lot of fun! I think our only complaint here would be that there is really only one good restaurant on site. They were in the process of adding additional restaurants and play areas while we were there, so hopefully they add something wonderful!

The pools, lazy river, and water slides were awesome! And the Menehune Bridge kids water play area was a huge hit with our kids! My husband and daughter really enjoyed snorkeling in the Rainbow Reef, but it was really really cold...too cold for my son (and me!). It could get crowded out by the pools, and it was difficult to find chairs. On the bright side, the staff did a good job of policing the area and removing towels from those who claimed the chairs first thing in the morning, but never returned.

The rooms were very clean and also pretty spacious. We also had a great balcony overlooking the pool, which was great! Also, my husband said the golf course was really nice. I spent an afternoon at the spa and thought it was wonderful as well.

It was everything we expected from a Disney resort and then some! We honestly wish we could return here every year!! It was an expensive 4 days, but we looked at it as a wonderful splurge.

I highly recommend the Disney Aulani Resort!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We visited from 26th May - 8th June. At check-in we were greeted with lei's. both the fresh flowers and the polished nuts smelled amazing!!
$30-$35 (valet) parking per day in a multi-storey car park unless you are DVC members then it is free.
Work going on behind cordoned off areas by the pool but we hardly noticed it.
Large commercial airplanes fly overhead approx every half hour and regular military jets and helicopters fly overhead a few times per day.
We booked a two bedroom villa, it was lovely. My only complaint was no light in the 2nd room clothing wardrobe. It was so dark I could barely see my clothes!
In the main bedroom there is no full length mirror.
There are 3 bathrooms in the 3 bedroom which was great as my brother was sleeping on the fold out sofabed therefore he had his own toilet, sink and full length mirror in his own bathroom.
Ladies...if you use a towel to wrap up your wet hair, the hand towels in the room are not big enough to wrap around your head. The body towels are large bath towels therefore too large and heavy to wrap around your head. I tried it - almost broke my neck!! Bring your own if you need one :) There are two stores in Aulani - one selling general Disney souvineers and snacks and the other selling Aulani souvineers.
We purchased the $18.99 refillable cups, (soft drinks are priced at $3.50 each without the cups) there are only 2 stations to fill up with soda, both are on the pool deck which is inconvenient if its raining or late. An indoor soda station would be great - I read reviews that there was a station at the General Store but we could not locate this? We lost a lid from one of ours (seriously it just disappeared!) so while passing I asked in the shop if they happened to have spare lids and they did!! The cast member told me that whatever happens to the cups they will replace!! Good to know!
The pool deck is very slippy when wet. I witnessed a few people slipping and falling. A few times lifeguards provided ice to those who had fallen.
I think Aulani were aware of this and are attempting to rectify this, as there was workers present who looked like they were making the surface of the deck rough. The noise was like a constant pneumatic drill which was irritating, you could taste the grind (like the drill at the dentist), I even got some dust in my eye which stung for a bit. You could not have a conversation without yelling at each other.
Beachside dining - Chinese Chicken Salad. Excellent and fresh. Came with a separate tub of Teriyaki sauce. Absolutely brilliant!! Thumbs up!
Tomato & Mozzarella Focaccia. Not great. The bottom of the focaccia was soggy from the tomato, red peppers and lettuce, I had to discard this and use a slice of mozzarella as my bottom sandwich. The creamy pesto dressing and balsamic reduction were served in separate tubs but even with them on the sandwich it was dry. I wouldn't recommend Shaved Ice $3.95 for 3 flavours - I had pineapple, watermelon and passion fruit. It was really tasty and great on a hot day!
Shop at Lava Shack sells soft serve ice cream (chocolate and vanilla).
You cannot walk along the beach to Paradise Cove from Aulani...unless by 'walk along the beach' you mean climb over 500yards of jagged unstable rocks and wade thigh deep through slippery rock pools...we tried it!! Paradise Cove can be walked to along the roadside pathways in only a few minutes, not worth risking your life for! Paradise Cove box office opens at 4pm to buy tickets for the show that evening only, best to buy them online for any date you want. Shows start at 5pm

Across the road from Aulani is a small shopping/restaurant complex:
ABC Stores - selling groceries, alcohol and souvenirs as well as take away food such as subs, pizzas etc. one lunchtime we popped over to get take away lunch, we had a croissant stuffs with turkey $6.49 and Mandarin Chicken Salad $5 - very fresh and filling.
Just Tacos - sit in Mexican restaurant. Reasonably priced Pizza place - take away pizza, can order online and collect. There are a few seats if you want to sit in but it's not really a restaurant Hawaiian Bar-be-que - take away The MonkeyPod - sit in (or outside) 2 storey restaurant. Reasonably priced. Dry Mein, Burgers and pizza

There is a Starbucks next door in the JW Marriott (5am-5pm) which we walked to via the pool a d beach side

7am welcome the morning chant scared me a little but I was assured this is not a religious chant. We could not hear it fron our room.

Aluani will forever be my most favourite place in Hawaii as my boyfriend proposed when we were there :) x

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Falkirk_Tiggs
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A place to spend a Saturday evening even when you have to drive from the Windward side! We did not stay at the hotel, but had a great meal with friends. We were not the only ones who drove that far, because at the table in front of us, were women, I knew from our area!
The waitress, Cheryl, was really nice. The buffet had everything one could want! The sashimi was excellent, but if you wanted meat, crab etc. It was a super buffet and a very nice setting!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bernicealoha
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

First off, the staff were all amazing. Really wonderful. We stayed as vacation club members, and our room was great with a full kitchen and private washer dryer in a one bedroom. The beaches were great and you did not have to pay extra for chairs And umbrellas. Lots of fun, family entertainment every day and night.
The only negative I'll say is that the quality of the food on the premise has not caught up with the rest of the hotel, or the prices they are charging. It's Disney in Hawaii, so of course it'll be expensive. But the food was just OK, not great, as I have come to expect from a Disney resort.
I'd still very much recommend the hotel. I'd just suggest you go elsewhere to eat.

• Stayed: September 2013