Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
$254
  • Breakfast included
$299
$259
Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club(Kapolei)(Great Value!)
$459
$209
$199
$132
$119
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$219
5,672 results
All reviewslazy riverama amaaunty's beach housedvc memberscharacter breakfastbedroom villawater slidesulu cafecast membersrainbow reefoff the hookkids clubscavenger huntstarlit huimickey mouseacross the streetcommunity room
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is the first review I have ever posted. The resort is amazing. The attention to detail is mindblowing. However, I justed spent (1) day and (2) nights and my bill was $1,700!! My family vacations alot and we are used to paying premiums, however I felt I was "ripped-off!!" The waterpark is awesome, but the food is way overpriced and terrible. The buffett was not good and our bill for (2) adults and (2) small children was $150 dollars!....we didn't even order a drink! Disney will get away with this for awhile, however it will catch up to them down the road!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Brett H
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Worst vacation ever. We should have stuck with our original plans to stay in Hana. They completely screwed up our reservations then tried to blame it on us. We were there on an extremely busy weekend so had to spend one night in an awful hole in the wall place then crashed on friends' couches. After calling and complaining we only received a 1 night stay in a standard room. Not enough to get us back there and spend money. I will never give money to anything Disney again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
27  Thank Alex M
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Upon entering the Aulani we were greeted w/huge smiles, with a beverage and a flower lei for me, kukui nut lei for my husband and for my child. As it was my first time in Hawaii I found it pretty cool and my flower lei smelled wonderful! The valet grabbed our luggage and the greeter took us immediately to the front desk to check us in. Since we were early we had to wait for our room and give them our cell number so that they could send us a text once it was ready. The greeter then gave us a quick tour of the resort and had someone walk us to the different restaurants so that we could fill our hungry bellies and so that our 1 year old could run around. The food is mediocre and seems to be very geared toward the Asian palate. We did do the Character Breakfast for our 1 year old and he loved it and so did we since it made him so happy. The characters were calm around him not to scare him but once they saw he thought they were great, they spent as much time as possible taking photos etc. with him. The kid zone was pretty cool and they seemed to have a lot of activities for kids. Since our little one was only 1 I had to stay w/him and he couldn't participate however, they always made sure he had some toys to play with in another room while the 'bigger' kids were taking part in the program. The pool area was pretty crowded and bit hectic for our little one but I could see where it would be a blast for kids. The lazy river is really cool! The beach was nice and suitable again for kids or for parents who aren't keen on the big ocean and the surf etc. The room was nice and felt very new. Our phone did not work however, the had someone up to change it out right away once we mentioned it. We also used the Aulani activity agents. There was a long wait to talk w/the car rental guy but he was very nice and apologized for the wait which made it ok. I would recommend calling ahead for your car rental so that you do not have to wait. After our first rental took place he remembered us by name and I didn't have to wait any longer on our future car rentals. It was very convenient since we didn't need a car the entire time just certain days. Nice touch! We also used Linda, the activity desk coordinator and she was nice in the beginning but we quickly started feeling a bit like a fish on a hook for a salesman. We only had questions about things to do around the island but were told we MUST reserve everything right then so that we didn't miss out. We took the bait, and upon her recommendation bought tickets to the Polenesian Cultural Center which we stayed at for about 30 minutes b/c it was not geared at all for our 1 year old which we were told by her it was. We also purchased tickets for a helicopter ride which she booked for the incorrect day in which my husband did not realize until we were sitting in the parking lot the next day (the day we thought we were going on the tour). We called to cancel this excursion and to make sure we were not billed the $500 for this and lets say it was a huge issue for Linda. She was rude to us and told us how this inconvenienced her and were told we needed to relax she would see what she could do. In the end and after I reminded them of the terms on the reservation which I was complying with, it was cancelled and we were not billed. All and all this is a really cool place for kids and ok for the adults. But hey it's Disney.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bludaizie
Reviewed February 24, 2012

If you like over powering Hawaiian music then you have picked the right spot. Food is mediocre at best. You have to beg to get your room cleaned. After spending $20,000.00 they did not even want to extend my check out by two hours to accommodate my autistic son.

Room Tip: Go to the J.W. Marriott
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
29  Thank RSW314
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed for a week in the one bedroom DVC villa. As we drove into the Ko olina resort area, we stopped at the gate house and gave our name to the security guard. Two minutes later, we were greeted by the Aulani valet with our name! A little Disney magic? The welcome was amazing, flower lei for me and kukui nut lei for my husband, a personal tour of the lobby and then a detailed tour of our villa. We registered online which I recommend as we never had to wait at the front desk or sign a piece of paper. The architecture is awesome and the devotion to Hawaiian culture is impressive. We have no complaints although based on most reviews, we did not eat at any of the restaurants. We bought supplies at the nearby Costco and Safeway and we also did take out from the ABC across the street. Their fresh salad bar was great. We tried to eat our main meals when we were away from the resort. The nearby town of Kapolei has all you need including Starbucks, Costco, Target, etc. We had some great inexpensive breakfasts at KOA Pancake restaurant in Kapolei. We drove to the North Shore twice and ate and shopped in Haliewa, a funky surfing town. We also drove to Honolulu twice and parked the car for free at Ala Moana shopping center. One day we did the Hole in the Wall Food Tour which was the best experience of our vacation. Back at Aulani, we avoided the family/kid events and mostly looked for quiet places to relax. That was available near the beach but not so much by the pools. My only suggestions to Disney would be better, less expensive food, an adult only pool area, and a better selection of souvenirs in the gift shop. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially the concierges and the housekeepers. All in all, this is a wonderful resort.

• Stayed: February 2012