“Sail and Snorkel with SNUBA...Awesome!!”

Ko Olina Ocean Adventures
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Kapolei
north america
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Sail and Snorkel with SNUBA...Awesome!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our family of five had a great time on the 53' catamaran from the Ko Olina Marina on December 23, 2012. Our captain Taylor with Jeff and (bald guy w cool octopus tattoo) were the best hosts. My boys ages 5, 9 and 13 had the time of their life. We left the marina at 8 am and sailed up the coast about 45 minutes to the power plant then tied up for snorkeling. We were in the water about 45 minutes. Then we motored about 15 minutes back and tied up for about 45 more minutes for a second snorkel stop. After that the crew set up a tasty lunch buffet of teriyaki chicken and pilled pork. Soft drinks were free flowing and included and there was a cash bar. The highlight of this trip was the SNUBA. Cameron and Josh were the divers on board offering Snuba to 8 lucky people for $69 extra. You must be at least age 8 to SNUBA with this group. My boys 9 & 13 and myself (mom) had the time of our lives going down about 20 feet swimming with sea turtles and picking up sea urchins with our very helpful guide Cameron and his helper Josh. My 9 year old can't stop talking about it. After lunch we motored back to the marina and unloaded. It was awesome!!!

1 Thank sunandfunseakers

Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Took 3 kids in their 20's on the ocean adventure and it was the best tour we have had ain a long time. Not only did we have a safe boat ride but Mark, the captain and his 2 hands Dan and Daniel made it a fun, interesting and exciting. I have been snorkeling before but never where the water was so clear and the fish so colorful and plentiful.
First, the captain knew where to stop to and let us snorkel to see hundreds of multi-colored fish but also huge sea turtles. We never felt rushed. Next we were going to look for spinner dolphins but the captain sighted a water spout and took us on a whale watching ride which came very close to 3 whales. After watching them breach the water we headed back to see dolphins spinning through the air and were able to put our masks back on and watch them up close, this time from in the water. Mark was excellent at coaching everyone how to behave around the mammals so the dolphins felt safe enough to swim all around us..
After that we again rode to another reef and saw totally different fish and coral.
All in all we had a wonderful experience and definitely felt we got what we paid for and more. The guides were fun, courteous, helpful, & knowledgeable. Cannot guarantee you will see fish, sea turtles, spinner dolphins and whales but know that Mark and his crew will do everything in their power to make it a reality. They keep their eyes wide open!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Surf&Ski
Nashua, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Oahu's Best Tour!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We took several tours in Oahu and this was by far the very, very best! The Crew was amazing!! They were professional, safe, knowledgeable and fun. Thanks Capt Jay and Capt Spencer!

We've done similar tours in the Bahamas and the Caribbean but this was by far the best. The crew made it known that they were there to serve us and all we had to do was ask for whatever we needed.

The snorkeling was AMAZING with 2 stops!! I've never seen so much active sea life - sea turtles and dolphins too! They had SNUBA too - I've done this before and had a great time - I've ever wanted to scuba but didn't want to deal with the hassle of taking the class and worrying about the tank ... try Snuba!

The meal and refreshments were very good too. We wish we would have taken a second tour with Ko Olina Ocean Adventures while we were there! This was the best customer service that we had all week.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Smidgeroo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dolphins, whales and more!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Crew were fantastic, scenery was amazing and it was the perfect day.

Buy the fish food - you will never experience anything like it if you do! It is unreal to have hundreds of fish swimming around you.

We saw several pods of spinner dolphins and were lucky enough to be dropped in and they swam around us for a few minutes - magical! Even to see them frolicking and riding the wake of the boat would have been wonderful enough and just to top it off - two whales spotted en route back to the marina.

Very knowledgable and personable crew who went to great pains to ensure we got the very most out of our trip.

Thanks to the wonderful staff and crew - it was the perfect way to end my Hawaiian holiday. I can't wait to return and will definitely book in again!!!

Visited November 2012
Youngwood, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Tour”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I would just like everyone to know how enjoyable the snorkeling and dolphin tour was. It had been my lifelong dream to \"swim with the dolphins\' and ko olina ocean adventures made it a reality. It was truly one of the most memorable times of my life and one I will never forget.

Thank you and thanks to your wonderful crew.

Visited October 2012