“Good Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

There aren't many restaturants to choose from in the Koolina resort area away from the hotels. But this one is a good choice. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Good food and good service. Very flexible with their menu.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Everything was just "okay". It was very warm in the restaurant so we ate outside. The wait staff was slow and not very interested. The food was average.

1  Thank angipants
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A group of us went here for a quick late lunch. Our server was friendly and always smiling. I always find that a plus.

On the food front, we started off with the nachos. The were ok. Nothing to write htome about. We had asked for the peppers to be on the side, because not everyone in our group likes them. Now the funny part. The peppers were all around the side of the nachos melted into the cheese and chips. I guess the cook thought we just didn't want them on the top of the nachos so he put them on the side.

I ordered the chicken taquitos. You could tell that they were the frozen out of the box ones. You know the ones that are real small and not a lot of meat. I would have expected a Mexican restaurant to make their own and not charge the amount the did for frozen ones. On the plus side, they did come with a generous amount of sour cream and guacamole. Over all I would not order them again.

Still up in the air if I would go back.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I ordered chicken enchiladas and my wife had a chicken taco. They were generous portions but did not taste right. My enchiladas had a strong chicken taste and I stopped eating it about 1/3 through the meal. My wife eat 1/2 of hers and stopped. They removed my meal from the tab and offered a free dessert, which I declined. This was the second time we have tried to eat here; neither time was good.

1  Thank Foster70
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food was great, once our waitress remembered to put our order in. We waited quite a long time. Because of the wait, they offered us a free desert which we accepted. I didn't even notice when they added the "free" desert to our bill. But, the waitress noticed and actually came running across the street to find us and give us our money back. Food was excellent.