“Best Show”

FIA FIA Polynesian Show
Reviewed January 15, 2013

An awesome performance for the entire family. We would highly recommend it to anyone. The food was good; not great.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The entertainment is arguably unsurpassed and was definitely the highlight of the dining experience. As far as the food served, it was good but not the best by any means. Not a whole lot for selection and the fish dish was overly cooked. I've had better kalua port as well.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I saw the Fia Fia show as a guest at the Marriott, and was not impressed. I was at a luau on the Big Island years ago that I hold as a high standard. The show is on a grassy area in the middle of the resort to anyone can watch at anytime. The buffet food was average mass produced food and you only get two drinks per person total during the show. There was no pig like a traditional luau. I felt there was more audience participation than actual expert performance. The chief seems like a nice guy, likes to talk. Didn't feel this was authentic, especially with the use of guitars and an Elvis song. The performers were good, but their dances were short. A local recommended the night show at the Polynesian Cultural Center becasue it told a story, not just "Here's some dancers from Samoa" and so on. However, this is about an hour drive away. Did not feel this was worth the $99 per peron it cost, maybe just half that. I recommend you stand on the lobby lanai about 745pm and watch the fire portion-the best part- for free.

2  Thank mschuh03
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were staying at the Ko Olina Marriott and so this was on property. The energy of the show as fantastic and kept us entertained. Even my seven year old enjoyed it. I would have given it 4 stars but here are the issues I had: One, for five of us it was 430 dollars. While food was included, it was average at best. The food for kids is just ok as well. The fact that I pay 430 bucks and I two drink tickets is ridiculous. I understand alcoholic beverages.. but soda?? The other issue was that while they had security to keep non paying guests out people were standing outside the ropes watching. I could have had dinner at longboards and watched for about half the price. Lastly i just paid 430 bucks and now I have to "buy" my picture for $15 dollars? Really the profit on this show must be good already.. Throw in the pic! I will say that the entertainment is wonderful and while I wouldnt do it again, I think being a guest at the resort should afford us some reduced rare.

2  Thank B L
Reviewed January 7, 2013

In my opinion this is the best Luau in all of Hawaii, certainly the best of the 5 or 6 that we have been to. Small enough to be intimate, large enough to have great entertainment. Also some of the best food ever at a Luau. We have been to it at the Ihilani as well as at the Beach Villas. If it is your first Luau, go to the Ihilani so you get to see the pig unearthed. Otherwise the Beach Villas is our choice, especially if you get hauled up on stage (which is actually an earthen mound and much more stable). It typically has fewer people, making it a little more intimate and easier to go back for seconds (or thirds!)

The chief is a great entertainer. We could probably recite 95% of his lines by now, and still never get tired of watching him perform.