“Sunset Sail in Paradise”
Review of Hawaii Nautical

Leeward Coast Dolphin and Snorkel Half-Day Cruise
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Kapolei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dolphins or whales guaranteed on many trips, or come back free! Kona-Kohala, Waikiki, and Near Marriott & Disney Ko Olina catamaran dolphin snorkel sailing, scuba, whale watching, dinner cruises, Waikiki options and more. Experience Hawaii Nautical's unparalleled adventures. Family-owned and family-friendly. Locations islandwide. Come experience our five-star service. Daily cruises in Kona-Kohala, and catamaran sailing departures near Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa at Ko Olina (Disney catamaran exclusive itineraries), Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club, Beach Villas at Ko Olina and more. Also try Port Waikiki Cruises from the Hilton Hawaiian Village pier. Looking for swim with dolphins in the wild? See them instead in a sustainable, eco-conscious way. Federal Noaa guidelines say "Do not swim with wild spinner dolphins." Hawaii's first Dolphin Smart recognized operator for proper viewing of dolphins, a program sponsored by Noaa & the National Marine Sanctuaries to educate about dolphin conservation & harassment. They advise not to pursue close wild dolphin interactions.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our sunset sail with Hawaii Nautical was a great experience in every way. Friendly, competent crew, attractive comfortable catamaran, tasty food and drinks. You couldn't ask for more--except that the evening of our sail, the crew landed a 45 pound tuna. BTW, their shuttle service was also comfortable and prompt, both picking us up and returning us to our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were picked up at our hotel in ko olina & from the minute we got on the boat, we were having fun with the crew. We saw dolphins & snorked with a turtle... The crew let my kids drive the boat. My kids had a blast too! Bring towels & tip $$... They take care of everything else (breakfast, lunch, beverages, snorkel gear...). You will want to tip the crew at the end. We will do this every trip to Oahu... Soo much fun :) Thank you boys!!!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I did the snorkel, dolphin and sail. It was a comfortable and clean ship and the crew was great. It is about an hour drive from Waikiki, so if you are driving yourself make sure you leave in enough time. The serve a light breakfast and then we went out to sea. We only sailed for about 15-20 before the captain said we had to turn the motor on to get to the dolphins faster. We did see dolphins, so that was fun. Next we went to snorkel. It took forever to get everyone their equipment and off the boat. I do not know if fins were required but we all had to stand in line to get fins fitted. By the time I got off the boat, I only snorkeled for about 15-20. I wish we could have snorkeled longer. I have never snorkeled before , but I thought the spot we went to was beautiful. There were lots of fish and turtles.

After snorkeling, they had lunch meat and bbq pulled pork for sandwiches, which was very tasty. I would recommend them for a nice sail and nice scenery, but not to snorkel. Get your own gear and go on your own.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We took the catamaran sunset cruise via shuttle bus from Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club. The crew were relaxed and friendly, and the food and drink great. The Catamaran ride was smooth, the dolphin sightings fun and the views spectacular. The only thing we regret is forgetting to bring some cash to tip the crew- they were awesome in a casual, laid back way that put everyone at ease.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great trip and experience. Neither my son nor I are certified Scuba divers but that will change. From the beginning this was just a great experience. The captain and crew were all very upbeat and thorough. Mel was our dive master (mistress?) and she was so pleasant, courteous and helpful. There were 4 of us who were doing the "discovery dive" and Mel did a great job of teaching the basic skills and testing everyone out. The dive itself was a shallow reef dive (max of 40 feet) and the experience was great. There were not a lot of fish but we saw enough, plus sea urchins and even a sea turtle who seemed to pause and check out our skills test. Great group of professionals, will definitely do this again...hopefully next time as a certified diver!