All reviews sand bar windward side boat excursion koolau mountains chinaman's hat fire knife friday night dinner floating dock bay view free kayaks private reef every morning hula dancer kualoa ranch north shore large lanai sea turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff were so very friendly and accommodating. Made the experience even better. The views are beyond gorgeous. The deck on our overlook was so huge and perfect for waking up and looking at the glistening mountains in the morning. The room was gorgeous and huge with a kitchen in ours. This is such a hidden gem and off the beaten path. Felt like we were vacationing in Jurassic Park :) we didn’t get to do the activities, but they have a great line up of things at the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BrandiPBR, General Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for complimenting the friendly staff. We pride ourselves on sharing Aloha and we are delighted you felt that during your stay. We look forward to your next stay in Paradise!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I always read all the good and bad reviews to help me decide on a hotel. Since there was more good reviews and the photos look beautiful, I decided to book a week stay at paradise bay resort. This was a first trip to Oahu for me and my husband. I used a third party to book the resort and flight together. I chose the basic classic studio suite with a kitchenette. When we got there the person behind the desk said "we are going to put you in our new rooms across the street. It's our Ohana units." I remember reading terrible reviews about other people's stay in the Ohana units but decided to give the resort benefit of the doubt. After one sleepless night because the walls are so thin you can hear the rooster crowing constantly, the neighbor coughing, dogs barking, cars driving and people talking. I decided there's no way I could stay here for 6 days. I went and spoke with a lady who was working behind the desk. I told her that I specifically book a classic studio suite with kitchenette and that's what I want. She told me that they have none left and that is why they upgraded me to the two bedroom Ohana units. Needless to say there is only 2 of us why do we need another bedroom. I said to her if its an upgrade then why is this on your website. I pointed out the disclaimer on their website which states: Two Bedroom Ohana Extended Stay rentals are not representative of the resort rooms at Paradise Bay Resort. She proceeds to tell me that disclaimer was before the units were remodeled. I told her I can not stay there another night with all the noise. I don't need or want an upgrade but would like to stay in a room that I reserved. I was ready to walk out and have the credit card company deal with them. Its misleading when you book a specific room and given something else that's worst. With much hesitation and looking in the computer, she was able to find me another room. With this new room it was much more quiet. I didn't hear all those noises however since it was a room downstairs you can still here all the foot steps and tables/chairs sliding from upstairs neighbor. The rooms are dark, damp, and needs updating. The only positive to this resort is it's clean and breakfast with a beautiful scenery is awesome.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gunner B
Guest S, Guest Relations Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha, thank you for your honest feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected we are glad that we had the chance to discuss your experience and we were able to come to a resolution. We have a culture of constant improvement and feedback like yours helps shape us for the future.

Mahalo!

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

The area is wonderful and the nature around is really magic! The staff were kind and helpful. But you expect more service from such resort with price over 250$/night. The breakfast was very simple and no choice. The diner buffet was expensive about 45$! The room was spacious and the bed was confortable but no view on anything unfortunately.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Guest S, Guest Services at Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will use this information as a tool to help us improve our service and property. Mahalo!

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Overall this staycation was okay. The staff were super friendly and accommodating. The lobby/eating area is very nice with nice views overlooking Kaneohe bay, and the plant life on the property is beautiful. The rainy weather was a little depressing but for the windward side it's something that is expected. The pool was hardly used so we took advantage of that, and the continental breakfast was surprisingly good. We were just disappointed that there was no breakfast 'meat.' The fruit, oatmeal, and various bread selections were yummy, and they had a variety of local coffee blends to choose from. I'd say the main thing of complaint like many others who have written reviews mention...are the roosters. The window AC units are quite loud but we didn't mind that as we were just thankful the rooms were nice and cool...it was the roosters crowing at 2am in the morning that kept us up. Our room felt more like a cabin but was clean. For the discounted special price I paid minus our credit card miles, it was an okay stay. They're are definite perks that we weren't able to experience unfortunately that are included during your stay dependent on the days of the week...like the fire/hula show that we missed on Friday night as our 1st day of checkin was Saturday. You may want to check out their website 1st to look at the included extras they offer their guests during the week. I wish I had done that 1st prior to booking. Remember to bring things to cook...like rice, steaks, and veggies to cook on the grill while are located right next to their pool. Our rolling cooler was a huge help among with packing a little container of oil and seasoning which are not in the room. The rooms do have plates, pans, a stovetop, small refrigerator, and utensils. The front desk has a pair of tongs you need to 'checkout,' to use. Also remember to bring some bug repellent as there are some mosquitoes. Overall it's a nice place to stay if you got a large group and plan to sight see or have an event to go to on the windward or northshore side. They also do offer rooms for guests who bring their dogs which I think was pretty awesome. We didn't get to see the designated rooms for those with dogs but if you've been searching, this is one of the rare places that allow you to bring your furry babies.

Trip type: Traveled with family

We are happy the staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay. We appreciate the feedback on your stay.

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I have planned for years to visit Oahu and Paradise Bay came highly recommended. The setting is beautiful and relaxing, and situated conveniently close to many activities while quietly tucked away in a little neighborhood. Staff were super friendly and hardworking. But there were negatives. The room set-up feels more like a cabin and lots of small issues arose despite recent renovations. The toilet ran constantly and required constant jimmying. The pillows on all the beds were really subpar. The tv never worked for us. There was nowhere to hang wet swimsuits other than the shower, as they would blow right off the railing into the green space provided for pets. The list goes on but to summarize, a pretty jewel on the outside, but to reach resort status, my opinion is that the rooms still need lots of work.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BrandiPBR, General Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

We are delighted you enjoyed our location and beautiful setting. We appreciate you sharing your feedback as we are always looking to make improvements.