All reviews sand bar windward side boat excursion koolau mountains floating dock friday night dinner fire knife bay view chinaman's hat free kayaks every morning private reef hula dancer kualoa ranch north shore large lanai short drive
Reviewed January 14, 2018

My husband and I stayed at this resort in early January. The moment we arrived we felt as if we had stepped back in time - no high rises, no traffic noises - only beautiful views and friendly people. We booked a one bedroom waterfront cottage, which was absolutely wonderful. Our cottage had a huge porch with a couch and table where we sat and relaxed after our fight from San Francisco. Our cottage was perfect - spacious and very comfortable. Everyone that works at the hotel were vey attentive, helpful and courteous to us. Always asking if we needed anything and suggesting activities we might like. The delicious breakfast that was included with our room, was served in the beautiful, open air restaurant overlooking the small inlet that the hotel faces. We also took advantage of the exercise room and the yoga class. Both were great. Our only regret was that we were only able to stay one night. The hotel offers a lot of excursions and meals that we could not do. The resort is a little out of the way, but worth the trip. Thank you to everyone on staff and we hope to see you again very soon. Aloha

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2018

The view around this hotel is lovely - natural and peaceful. The staff are attentive. We enjoyed our snorkel trip, and the yoga classes were great and a nice complimentary addition. The breakfast is very good.
A few things that I wish I knew before I went: The paddle boarding is not complimentary. While it doesn't say it is in the website, it doesn't say there is a fee and I get the impression from the website that is. We did take out the sit on top kayaks, but it is so windy there that it is hard to get very far. This might not be the case all the time, but I understand it is usually the case. There is also no beach there. From the resort map before going I thought there was a little sandy beach. The pool is nice, but small and very cold. While I think the ocean front cabins would be quite nice, we had a one bedroom classic (unit15) and I don't recommend it. While it was clean and sufficiently equipped, the ceiling and walls are so thin you hear everything! This includes through all hours of the night from both above and through the adjoining door (to someone else's room) and from the neighbourhood house that was right across the walkway from our room. While I understand there is not much they can do about these things, at $385 per night (including taxes and fees) it really seems too high of a price for that. There is no option of renting a movie in your room. We did the Saturday night dinner and fire and knife show which were both really nice. However, while from the website it appears that you are paying for both, when you come down from dinner to watch the show the rest of the resort is already sitting there and they get to watch the show for free. I just don't think it seems right to advertise it as such. I highly recommend a car while there. There is really nothing that you could walk to. Would I go again? Probably not. Maybe if I stayed in an oceanfront room. But I think there is better places for the money we paid.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank 2sunshine444
Reviewed January 8, 2018

An intimate,sweet spot with friendly staff,a heavenly escape. I loved the way it was decorated-tiki torches,good use of bamboo.
I would highly recommend the snorkel tour! An absolutely delightful experience. Brian was our guide,and fielded this former broadcast journalist questions with intelligence and a wealth of information. He made us feel safe,and I found myself(with a lifejacket) actually doing a bit of snorkeling! He didn't just hang out on the boat..he went in the water and went with us,pointing out turtles and other sea life. You end up at this fabulous sandbar and never wanted to leave.
We also went to this small intimate dinner with an old school ukelea player on Friday night. Again,lots of aloha. We had a cute room with a kitchen and they have 2 grills and they loan you the barbeque tongs.....and that's right! We barbequed in Hawaii!
For us,living in the big city of San Francisco, we were so stoked to find this spot to just hang out and look at the mountains and chill out. Peaceful. Special.
Mahalo to Brian and staff!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2018

My family and I spent a few days at Paradise Bay Resort. Upon arrival, Brianna greeted us with a warm, inviting welcoming, answering all of our questions.

Dinner was phenomenal!! We had a delicious dinner created by Chef Mike while being serenaded by live, local, Hawaiian music. Ann Marie and Rhiannon emulated the aloha spirit, ensuring that my family and I had everything we needed.

The following day, we enjoyed a boat ride in Kaneohe Bay. Captain R and Brain ensured everyone had a safe, fun, and memorable experience. The sandbar boat is a must!!

Bill also made sure we had everything we need in our room. He went above and beyond to ensure our comfort.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

We live on Oahu and wanted to get out of the city. This resort is a cute boutique style resort. We stayed on the water level by the floating deck. Best room ever (room 41a). My boys loved the big bathtub. There is paddle boards and kayaks for guests to use. This is our second time here and it has way more to offer this time. We did dinner and it was like a private hawaiian music show . Breakfast was really good. The potatoes were our favorite. Now the boat ride is unreal. The weather looked rainy. But it cleared up and was really sunny. And they have some of the best snorkeling ever. We saw turtles and all kinds of fish. Also the fire knife show was so cool. The guy was hilarious. And he put on a crazy show. Spinning and catching it between his legs. Best family vacation ever

Trip type: Traveled with family