My husband, baby son, and I went to Oahu for a work conference/family vacation in early November. My husband's job paid for 2 days of our lodging, and chose Paradise Bay Resort because it was close to where we needed to be. We called the resort to book one additional night and were quoted a price of $180. We tried to pay over the phone, but we were told that wasn't possible. The night before we arrived, we called to confirm and again tried to pay, but were denied.
Well when we checked in, the price magically changed to $280/night. And surprise, there is a $25/day resort fee, which is not mentioned or charged when you book the room. We tried explaining how we were quoted $180, but weren't allowed to pay over the phone, but they didn't care. So once we paid the higher price, taxes, and resort fees for the days work paid for, it came to almost $500 for one night.
We tried to keep a good attitude. The grounds are nice and the room seemed ok at first, although it smelled incredibly musty. There was construction happening in the room next door and we soon realized we were underneath the dining area, which was set up early in the morning, so it was very noisy.
I'm not sure what exactly the resort fee covered. Breakfast was stale carbohydrates, fake eggs, and vegan sausage...? Paddleboards were $35 if you wanted to use them. The pool had one floodlight that went on for about 10 seconds, then you were in total blackness. The hot tub was barely warm and filthy!
Because they are an "ecolodge", there is only maid service on Monday, Wed, and Fri. If they just didn't want to change the linens, I might buy the Eco thing. But there is no reason not to empty the trash or sweep the room. After no housekeeping on Sunday, I made sure we were gone on Mon so they could clean. We got back that evening, and guess what? Still no maid service. When my husband had to take our trash to the front desk and complain, they said they would send someone the next day.
All in all, I felt this place was trying to charge resort prices, while not even providing the most basic of services you get at a bargain hotel. I would definitely avoid at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha! We are very excited to announce the completion of our room and property renovations. We will continue to enhance the property as other resorts do, however the bulk of work is complete. We appreciate all of the input we received both positive and negative and we have used it to get to the point we are today. We were recently awarded the 2014 TripAdvisor Award of Excellence. We are blessed to be part of what we all consider to be the most beautiful tropical setting in the Hawaiian Islands. Now the property, accommodations and warm staff complement our surroundings. We call ourselves True Hawaii and what does that mean? Our setting reveals the answer. We are located in a panorama of spectacular natural and tropical beauty, from amazing Hawaiian mountain ranges and lush tropical landscape, to beautiful Kaneohe Bay, Chinaman's Hat Island and out to the Pacific Ocean. We border an ancient Hawaiian fishpond surrounded by lush tropical mangroves. The Kahuona Fishpond is one of the last remaining working fishponds and is designated a historical site. We are the only resort property with private access to Kaneohe Bay. Kaneohe Bay hosts the most abundant and diverse sea life and reef system in the Hawaiian Islands and our guests can access it safely right from the resort. Our design fits with the environment and has a contemporary and authentic Hawaiian look and feel. We thank our guests who have stayed with us in the past and helped to support us. We appreciate your patience with the renovations and know you will be delighted on your next stay. The property, guest rooms, new amenities, services and warm staff are here to take care of you. We offer our guests the same entertainment, special Saturday sand bar excursion and we have added a few more; a Friday evening Firedance Show, additional live Hawaiian music and surprise cultural classes. We have added some new things such as; a fitness room, Wi-Fi, on call spa service, new pool and hot tub, new floating lounge areas, conference room, intimate wedding ceremonies and we are pet friendly. We have renovated and upgraded our guestrooms with; new furnishings, artwork, premium pillow top mattresses, luxurious bedding and linens as well as new flat screen TV's and IPod docks.Kayak use is still included and we also have Standup Paddle Boards and private boat charter available. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Paradise. Warm Aloha, David and Stephanie Ryan ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii Hotel Kaneohe
- Schraders Windward Country Hotel
- Schraders Windward Country Resort
- Country Inn Kaneohe
- Kaneohe Country Inn
- Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii Kaneohe, Oahu