“Wonderful spot for a restaurant!”
Review of Haleiwa Joes

Haleiwa Joes
Ranked #3 of 131 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

If you're tired of going to the same type of restaurant in Oahu, it's time to drive over to Kaneohe and try Haleiwa Joes! Great fish and steaks. Good service. Nice drink list. But the main reason to go is the beautiful atmosphere! The view of the gardens is truly a one of a kind experience! Worth the drive!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

First, the views of Haiku Gardens are beautiful. I might be a little biased, as my wife and I had our wedding ceremony there. We had a small group of friends, so it was very nice to be able to do our ceremony in the morning on a Sunday and then have everyone walk upstairs to the restaurant for brunch following. The brunch is a great value at $25 per person. It's buffet style and you can more than get your value in the prime rib station alone. They also have an omelette station and a huge buffet spread. Good prices on mimosas too. Their dinners are great as well. Again, killer prime rib. No matter when you go or the occasion, Haliewa Joe's is a great restaurant!

2  Thank Jason B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had the opportunity to have lunch at Haliewa Joe's during a recent trip to the North Shore. The Wedge Salad with Bleu Cheese dressing was fantastic. Crisp wedge of lettuce with a generous amount of fresh bleu cheese and bacon. We also shared a fish sandwich which really good as well. Nice atmosphere, sit on the patio if you can. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

It was with great anticipation that we visited Haliewa Joe's in the great little town of Haliewa on the North Shore of Oahu! We were seated promptly on the patio, and I was hungry for some great seafood! Our orders were taken quickly, and I ate my enjoyed my house salad with deliciously homemade blue cheese dressing. Now for the main course- I had ordered "local fried shrimp" and when my plate was placed in front of me, I was shocked to see whole shrimp, heads-on, that had been deep-fried! Whole shrimp don't bother me, and I LOVE fried shrimp, but what is the point of deep frying a shrimp with the head and shell still on the shrimp?!!! To eat it, you must peal the shrimp, which removes the breading, leaving basically just cooked shrimp, no spices (unless you count the taste of the vein still on the shrimps back), no breading, NO TASTE! It was terrible! It was served on Asian cole slaw, which tasted like rotten cabbage. The garlic mashed potatoes were good, but that's it. Didn't even get a refill on my diet coke! Next time I will eat somewhere else for sure!'

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Best food and atmosphere around. Class service and ambiance. Best calimari and seafood around! Very impressed with wait staff and friendliness of large restaurant.