“Best Mandoo Kook Soo”

Chun's Bar-B-Q House
Ranked #60 of 130 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Cuisines: Barbecue, Korean
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I always go here and eat the same thing, Mandoo kook soo. They have the best broth. The meat jun is also good. Mr. Chun reminds me of Learch from the Adam's Family except he's short.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I recently went home and had a fantastic lunch at Chun's. Same decor, same sign out front, same wonderfu,l wonderful food that they've had for years. This place is one of a dying breed. A true mom and pop establishment with hard-working proprietors that focus on great food, but not really interested in the decor or ambiance. The meat-jun is the most tender you will find. All meals are served with assorted Korean condiments, miso soup, and generous portions. This is cooked to order food, so if you want fast, you'll have to settle for lower quality and flavor somewhere else. The place is clean and service is personable.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Food was ok, but we've had better. I was recommended the kalbi by another review. Best thing about this place is their large portions. Price wasn't too bad either. We were the only customers at the time but the service was still a little slow.

Reviewed March 12, 2010

When ever I visit Oahu, I always have to stop by Chun's to have my favorite dish
"KAL BEE" . For the past 10 years the flavor hasn't changed one bit. I am sure that
Mr. Chun is the one that makes the sauce for the meat. It's Mmm Mmm good. The price
is a little over $15 but what Kal Bee isn't around that price. I mean the real true Kal Bee. You know the one with one bone and all meat. Not the generic ones that are sliced by a
machine with 3 bones. I am also pretty sure that Mrs. Chun (the cook) hand cuts all of the Kal Bee to perfection. Man, it'll be another 2 months before I can taste that KalBee again. I'll see you soooooon~~ Mr. and Mrs. Chun!! and I'll taste you soon my delicious Kal Bee plate~~

Reviewed July 8, 2009

delicious, generous portions, sauce made by the dad of a very lovely family, and no MSG!