“Third Thursday Wine Tasting”
Review of Zia's Caffe

Zia's Caffe
Ranked #15 of 129 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Cuisines: Italian
The Villages, Florida
“Third Thursday Wine Tasting”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Zia's has a wine tasting coupled with pupu's (appetizers for non Hawaiian speakers) on the 3rd Thursday of every month. Each wine is matched with and appetizer portion of the menu. It is excellent. We had a Pinot Grigio with a salad with apricots, field mix salad, and sauteed pork belly for the first course. Second coupling was pepperoni spiced salmon on toast, paired with Chardonnay. Third was a venison Calzone paired with a Merlot. Last was a Wagyu beef with celery root, pearl onion, green beans in gravy. We reserved for July also, and it was almost sold out. Whether you go for the wine tasting or the full menu, it is highly recommended.

• Visited June 2011

hauulqmom
“horrible service”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

placed order at 5 pm -- main course arrived at 7 pm -- be sure to eat BEFORE you come so that you would go hungry for hours after you arrive-

• Visited May 2011
4 Thank hauulamom
Maui
“Tasty Lunch”
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We ended up in Kaneohe because I needed to use the restroom. We were across the street and my DH said there's a cafe, so we walked across the street. I ordered the Chicken salad and he ordered the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.

The salad was made with green leaf, feta cheese, almonds, mandarin oranges, chunks of chicken breast and dressed with an orange balsamic dressing. The lettuce was cut across in small strips and was very fresh. I am very picky about lettuce/greens in salads.

The Philly Cheesesteak was served on a crusty french roll with the normal thin sliced roast beef, melted cheese, and grilled onions/green peppers. The roast beef was all meat with no extra fat running through it. DH ordered the Raspberry ice tea, which does not come with refills.

I would stop here again if we are passing through the area on our way to or from the north shore.

Hawaii
“Passable except for the extra fees.”
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I have patronized Zia's since they opened many years ago. Like many places, they've found ways to survive and pass rising costs on to the consumer. The lunch menu is more reasonably priced. There used to be early-bird specials but that went away recently. Along the way they started charging $3.00 or more to subsitute vegetables instead of pasta. Now, for parties of 6 or more, they tack on an 18% + tip fee onto the bill whether you like it or not, even if the service was lousy. This is for cash or charge.

There's also Zippy's, Big City Diner, Haleiwa Joes, and Assagios within a few minutes of this location. No hidden fees.

“My favorite place!”
Reviewed October 31, 2008

I've been a steady patron of Zia's for the past five years and I must say it keeps getting better and better. The food is great and reasonably priced. I've tried everything at least once. My favorites include the arrabiatta and the village seafood salad. And don't leave without having the bread pudding or tiger brownie! THE BEST! There isn't a better place to eat in Kaneohe.