“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Haleiwa Joe's

Haleiwa Joe's
Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Haleiwa Joe's at Haiku Gardens is a hidden gem out in beautiful Kaneohe, Oahu. Enjoy delicious steaks and seafood in our open-aired restaurant while absorbing the breath-taking Hawaiian views of the botanical gardens below, lined with the majestic Ko'olau Mountains!
NY
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Found this lovely place in our way back to Waikiki after a long day visiting the North Shore. We were so fortunate to arrive before sunset and enjoyed a stunning view of the mountain and garden below. We didn't have a reservation, but the host/ manager sat us right away at a great table.

The service was outstanding - as was the food, the atmosphere and the value. I can't recall exactly, but the drive from the restaurant back to the Hilton Hawaiian Village wasn't too long. This place is certainly worth the trip from anywhere!

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

The prime rib was like watching John Candy in the Great Outdoors. It was so huge, but so tender and delicious. Biggest piece of prime rib I have ever seen. Overall it was so good we came back a couple days later. Fish was dry on second visit, but still overall tasty. Best restaurant on this side of the island.

Visited October 2013
Washougal, Washington
“Good food, nice surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We visited Haleiwa Joe's at the end of September. Our son lives nearby and wanted to share the experience with us. Before being seated we browsed through Haiku Gardens, which are adjacent to the restaurant. The gardens are tucked into a valley with great views of the mountains. All of this is visible from the open air restaurant. Five of the seven of us are gluten intolerant, so we required some adjustments to the menu items. The staff was very helpful in directing us to food choices that could be made gluten free, and the results were delicious. They did a great job on our fish orders; the fish was moist and well seasoned, served with rice and veggies. Our son in law ordered the prime rib, and he was speechless when it was served. None of us had ever seen that large a serving of beef at a restaurant! If you choose that menu item, you'll need a huge appetite, or help from fellow diners. All in all, the experience was great: good food, great service, and beautiful surroundings. Who could beat that?

• Visited September 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Great dinner and gorgeous location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

OK. I am playing tourist in my own home... and this location was one of the first places I visited when I moved to Hawaii in 1994. And I even attended a friends wedding here, so it holds many beautiful memories for me. Last night I went (reluctantly) with a friend to have dinner here, and what a great surprise! It was much better than a few years ago (the last time I ate here).
Love the service! Thanks Martin! Loved the ahi spring rolls, delicate lightly fried and the dipping sauce was fabulous! I had the Moon fish (monchong), Chinese style, the fish was delicious, soft fall apart and delicately flavored. The white rice that it came with was hard and dry. Then the desert (we shared) was a Kona Coffee Mud pie... an ice cream cake... which was fabulous and what made it spectacular was the hot chocolate sauce that we poured on top... looking forward to returning soon. BTW try to go at lunch or before sunset, to see the view of the pond, and the majestic Koo'lau mountains... its breathtakingly beautiful.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Barbara P
San Diego, California
“No need to say anymore about Haleiwa Joe's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I first went to Haleiwa Joe's in Haweiwa 1989 when it was the Chart House and Joe was the manager. I've been there on a date, with my family, my friends, on business, and solo. The service, the food, the bar and bartender, the atmosphere in the restaurant, everything was great, especially Joe who came and spoke to me personally. I've been going back ever since and that says it all and there is no need to say any more... John Littel

• Visited December 2012

Been to Haleiwa Joe's? Share your experiences!