“Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!”
Review of Haleiwa Joe's

Haleiwa Joe's
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Haleiwa Joe's at Haiku Gardens is a hidden gem out in beautiful Kaneohe, Oahu. Enjoy delicious steaks and seafood in our open-aired restaurant while absorbing the breath-taking Hawaiian views of the botanical gardens below, lined with the majestic Ko'olau Mountains!
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were in Oahu for our 20th Anniversary and had the opportunity to go to Haleiwa Joe's at Haiku Gardens for our anniversary dinner. Both the food and the service were top notch, the gardens were beautiful, and the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for. I had the baked fish (I think she said it was opa) and my husband had the crab legs. The only thing we found to be lacking was the beer & wine list, but I compensated for that by ordering an awesome strawberry cocktail!

Tamara S, Manager at Haleiwa Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Aloha, and Happy 20th Anniversary! That's a big one to celebrate, and we're so happy you chose us to serve you both ono food in a beautiful place. I love all our fresh fish, and crab legs have been one of my favorites from my start here- both really good choices! Did you try the coconut shrimp? That's been probably my number one favorite and hasn't changed :) We switch our wine list out every so many months, and work closely with our wine reps to pick out the best wines that we feel compliment our dishes, and we also look to creating new specialty cocktails pretty often as well. Maybe next time you come back you can try another delicious creation! I hope you enjoy the holiday weekend, and once again, mahalo for your kind words!

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

By far the meal I had I Hawaii by far!! The view is great, the atmosphere was super romantic. I had the catch of the day and it was too good, way to good. You must cone here!! It's a must. The bar tender was super friendly and helpful. My wife had the coconut shrimp which was huge and delicious!! Once again, you must come to eat here!!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I might be biased since I live about 1/4 mile from this restaurant but I absolutely feel that the food quality and service beats the original on the North Shore. It is a little bit pricey but so are most restaurants in Hawaii. The original style poke is to die for as an appetizer. If you can get here early enough you must try the prime rib. I know, I know...it's Hawaii. Why would you get a prime rib when there is so much fresh seafood. Look, you can get amazing seafood at every corner on this island. The prime rib here is so worth it. I live here and most nights I don't get here early enough to reserve a prime rib. It's literally the size of your plate and it is sooo tender and juicy. They also have a pretty solid happy hour. The service has been hit or miss but they seem to put the "A" team on for the weekend. If you're in the neighborhood and have the money, you absolutely won't find better in Kaneohe and would be hard pressed for better in Kailua

1  Thank Jason B
Tamara S, Manager at Haleiwa Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Aloha Jason, Mahalo for always thinking of us and coming in to enjoy some ono food! We appreciate all your returned business and thank you so much for the kind words. We take pride in both our restaurants and they each have their own vibe, and we are constantly striving to serve great food with a smile at both locations :) The Emma's poke are one of my all time favorites, and the prime rib has been my go-to birthday dinner choice- both local favorites for sure! But I just wanted to say thank you again and until next time!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The best prime rib ever! So big and so juicy! We had heard from the locals about this place, so we went and so glad we did. The food, service and selections were sumptuous.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Incredible view of gardens during a wonderful dining experience. Go early to visit the gardens & enjoy the sunset over the mountains!