“Spectacular food and ambiance”
Review of Haleiwa Joe's

Haleiwa Joe's
Ranked #1 of 130 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Haleiwa Joe's at Haiku Gardens is a hidden gem out in beautiful Kaneohe, Oahu. Enjoy delicious steaks and seafood in our open-aired restaurant while absorbing the breath-taking Hawaiian views of the botanical gardens below, lined with the majestic Ko'olau Mountains!
Reviewed August 1, 2012

After experiencing the amazing food, drinks and garden views at Haleiwa Joe's while staying with family on Oahu in May, it was a priority to return on my visit in July. I was equally impressed. Our party of 4 enjoyed the fresh catch of the day, Hawaiian Ono. It was prepared to perfection and oh, so good! The only downside for this restaurant is the no reservations policy, but there is no doubt that it is worth the wait. I have dined at Mama's Fish House in Maui, which is considered one of the best in Hawaii, but I found Haleiwa Joe's food to be much better and significantly more affordable. I hesitate to rave too much, however, since the more popular it becomes, the longer my wait will be next time. Yet, this restaurant deserves 5 plus stars!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a perfect location if you want somewhere Nice to go off the beaten path tucked away in the foliage. They don't take reservations, which is a downside for us on the leeward side and always have to wait 30-45 mins but, It's worth the wait . Hours are: ( Dinner Daily: 5:30 PM Monday - Saturday; 5:00 PM Sunday, Sunday Brunch: 10 AM)
Be sure to check in and get your name on the list , then walk the grounds. Your wait time will fly as you simply enjoy the environment there. The gardens do close however when it gets dark So, if you miss the garden walk, grab a drink at the bar and hang out.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Not very helpful and disorganized. We are trying to plan a wedding and the coordinators don't know what is going on. The website has different prices than what we are being charged. The florist is incopetent because he cannot find, price or follow simple instructions concerning the arrangements. They do not check their email regularly, even though this is the primary form of communication. The main coordinator and her assistant do not communicate. They tried to charge us an extra $1400 because the assistant did not tell the main coordinator we had already paid. The owner cannot be reached when problems need to be addressed. When we sampled the food for our reception, my fiancé, our two children and myself ended up ill just hours later.

1  Thank Gus530
Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you are visiting Oahu you MUST visit Haleiwa Joe's. The atmosphere is AMAZING!!!! The food is absolutely wonderful and the drinks are great! My friend who lives in Kaneohe put this restaurant on our list as a must-do when we visited and I know why she did! Do yourself a favor and get out of Waikiki! Your GPS will have you thinking you are driving into a secluded jungle but I promise you - it's perfectly hidden! Oh, and try the Ahi! :)

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We found this place by chance when we were looking for a place with Hawaian and continental food outside the hustle and bustle of Waikiki (actually the GPS recommended it). What a find! The trip from Waikiki to Kaneohe was quite scenic and pleasant, and the destination (the restaurant) was even better. Beautiful location with a high balcony above gardens and pond, overlooking green mountains. The food was excellent and the service was quite nice. We met the owner, a transplanted New Yorker, whom we asked why did he move to Hawaii. He said nothing except give us a puzzled look and then turn 180 degrees with his extended arms like saying: have you seen around?