“Best meal we had on island” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best meal we had on island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Thrown off a little being visitors but we caught on pretty quick. 4 adults and 3 kids. Grown ups all really enjoyed meals. Ahi and beef entrees were both great. Kids had chicken and thought it was good. Prices were reasonable and would recommend this to anyone. Would definitely go back.

Portland, Oregon
“LOVE seared ahi, and this was some of THE best I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

First of all, this is a super casual spot and seems to do a BIG take-out business. We chose to eat in, at a formica table with cushioned booths. Clean but (again) very casual. My husband LOVES seared ahi, and has it wherever/whenever he can, including the "famous" fish market in Tokyo. He feels his seared ahi salad was some of THE BEST ahi he has ever had! A good sized portion of maybe 8 to 10 slices. I wanted something simple like vegetarian fried rice. Well, the rice came with poke (and I was not sure I would like it) - so I ordered fried rice - NO fish. Well, the very nice woman (Teresa?) at the counter asked me if I would like to sample a small piece of poke. I did and it was YUMMY! So I had the poke fried rice, and I will have to find some inner discipline not to go back every night to have MORE! Just LOVE this place. It obviously caters to locals, but they are all very nice to us "tourists" as well. PS - they were featured on Guys "Diners, Drive-ins, " etc. I think Guy had the Ahi Katsu. Oh, no beer or wine can be served with dinner, but you can buy beer to go. Oh well, we had to have water. It would be DEVINE to take out, and come back to our nice VRBO with a bottle of wine and/or an ice cold beer and devour (I should say savor) our food - next time! Thanks, Teresa (I hope that's her name) for being so nice and talking me into the poke!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ontheroadagain40
Amroth, United Kingdom
“Fresh Fish at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stopped here for lunch as part of an island tour we did. My husband wanted to try some fresh poke but we had expected the prices to be higher. We were offered a sample of any poke we wanted to try and they have a great range of other dishes for those who aren't fish fans! Fantastic value and great service - we would definitely go back!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ZKGriffiths
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wow! Great fish at great prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We wanted some fresh poke but I had expected the prices to be higher. We were offered a sample of any poke we wanted to try and could have gotten filled up just on samples, but we stopped when we tasted our favorite. We got some delicious poke at a very reasonable price. While we were there fishermen came in with more fresh fish, so they are serious when they say 'Fresh Catch'.

Visited October 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Fresh Fish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

All the seafood here is fresh and delicious. My favorite dish, seared ahi with aioli, is done to perfection - each and every time. The staff are very friendly. There is also a drive up window if you want to call in a carry out order! Not enough reviews on this great food stop. I hope this one helps spread the wealth of great seafood!

Visited October 2013